Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 30, 2005

Old    dahui            10-03-2005, 8:45 PM Reply   
I just spent the last four days at Lake Powell and wanted write a quick review on the new Rip Curl Top I bought for the trip. This thing was so comfortable and toasty I was really impressed. It was easy to get on and off - no zippers. It is 2mm neoprene so it not only keeps the wind off but after I was done riding the water inside the top was like nice jacuzzi water - real warm. It is really flexible, it didnt bother me one bit. I highly recommend it for fall and spring riding. My wife tried it, now she wants one too.

http://www.wakeside.com/page/W/PROD/rip_curl_wakeboard_wetsuits/rip_curl_e2_ls_thermal
Old     (djiali)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-04-2005, 5:31 AM Reply   
I second that. I picked up a HL neoprene top in anticipation of the waters droping down to unbarable temperatures. Like DaHui mentioned above, the water inside the top is like bath water...makes the first couple rides much more enjoyable. Of note: I picked it up at out local shop for about $35 on sale...good price.
Old     (depoint50ae)      Join Date: Jul 2005       10-07-2005, 12:08 PM Reply   
What kind of water temps and air temps were you using this stuff in? I have a 3mil full suit that I use for scuba that I want to know if it will work to extend the riding season a little bit. I could also easily add one of these shirts or a shorty on top to add the torso to 6mil if needed. I was just hoping to get a water/air temp base line.
Old     (djiali)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-07-2005, 12:59 PM Reply   
air is still 70ish here...water down to 65. You're going to have to be willing to suffer a bit. It's cold when you first get in, but by the time you're up for your first run, nice and tosty warm.