Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through September 24, 2004

Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       08-05-2004, 10:43 AM Reply   
i havent researched it yet and i am sure i can but figured i would ask anyone if they already know the answer.

what are the effects of an Ipod being out in the heat? just being in the 95 degree heat on a boat is ok, right? what about leaving it inside a car during the day? think that is a mistake? should i be taking out of the car if its hot outside?
Old    whitechocolate            08-05-2004, 12:15 PM Reply   
check the Q&A section at Apple.com or the many fourms for exact I-pod answers. I can tell you that I have no problem with my 30g I-pod in the heet. I have by mistake left it in the sun and the screen has turned lighter untill it cools down but no lasting effects. I thnik The I pods performance is more effected/lessend by cool weather. I.E. I have left the I-pod in my car over night and it got cold enough to discharge or give a low/dead battery signal. I put the I-pod in my pocket for a few miuets and it would warm up and the battery would come back to life. I have talked with appple and they say this is normal. I would guess the I-pod would be affected by heet just as a cell phone or PDA would.
Old    aircanada            08-05-2004, 1:46 PM Reply   
I left my Ipod mini in a storage compartment I have in the dash of my car for almost 2 weeks, stuck in the sun the entire time. The heat was enough that it heavily warped a couple CD cases I had in the compartment. No damage to the mini. Just be careful of the metal on the Ipod's, it can get pretty hot to the touch.

Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       08-06-2004, 7:02 AM Reply   
thanks for the tips. i might go check out apple.com just as anextra precatuion.
Old    ilovetrains            08-06-2004, 12:32 PM Reply   
I was just having this conversation with someone the other day. Honestly, I think my iPod is contructed heavier than alot of other consumer electronics. I have dropped it a dozen times (my sister actually dropped hers in water, dried out and still works fine) and left in the car with no power for weeks at 100 degrees. The screen will be affected by temp, but always returns to normal. My friend had just fried another brand MP3 player and his HP pocket pc (should have bought palm anyway) and was saying you should never leave anything out in the heat of a locked car. That is a lot worse than just being on your boat, but would try to keep it out of direct sunlight as much as possible.