Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 07, 2004

Old    reddog25cf            05-20-2004, 9:50 AM Reply   
After what seems like a million attempts, I've finally started sticking my back rolls pretty consistent. Maybe it has something to do with now riding behind a new X Star instead of the '03 Pro Star with sacs I was riding behind. Now it's time to start trying some 3's. Big thanks goes to Michael Vincz, my friend/coach/bro (well, close enough on the bro part, his sister is my girlfriend). Just wanted to share the stoke.....
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-20-2004, 10:18 AM Reply   
Congrats sean. Good luck with the 3. Just do a handle pass. The handle pass will make you do a three.
Old    reddog25cf            05-20-2004, 10:20 AM Reply   
"Just do a handle pass".... just that easy eh? haha... had a few attempts yesterday after the rolls, and it was not just that easy. I'm sure it'll come eventually.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-20-2004, 10:32 AM Reply   
what happened? Do you have access to a trampoline?
Old    reddog25cf            05-20-2004, 10:35 AM Reply   
Well, my first attempt felt really nice and Michael said it looked really nice, just didn't get the handle pass.... didn't grab it I guess you could say. Then my next few attempts didn't feel near as good as the first one. That's what really sucks, I know if I could get some tramp time, I'd be able to do it, but I don't have access to one. Another other way to practice handle passes without a trampoline?
Old    tutman            05-20-2004, 10:43 AM Reply   
Fill a gallon jug with sand (or something) and attach a rope handle to the jug handle. Swing it around your body. I saw that on here some time ago.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-20-2004, 10:45 AM Reply   
You really have to pull the handle hard with both hands to your rear hip. Otherwise the handle won't be close enough when you reach back for it. When you pass it to your other hand, the rope tension pulls you through the last 180. That's why I say, just do the handle pass.

Trampoline is the best way (imo) to learn to spin by pulling the handle instead of hucking your body.
Old    reddog25cf            05-20-2004, 11:06 AM Reply   
Well, I don't have access to a trampoline, so I guess I can try the gallon jug thing. Has anybody tried this method? Does it really help at all?
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-20-2004, 11:07 AM Reply   
The easier 360 to do first is the TS FS 360 because you dont have to pass the handle, you can land it wrapped with it in the small of your back and then transfer it after you have landed, do a couple TS 180 to warm up and then do the 3
Old     (canaday)      Join Date: Dec 2002 Location: Hawthorne       05-20-2004, 11:44 AM Reply   
Tie the rope to a car/tree. Jump in the air and try it. You don't need a trampoline.
Old     (jonb)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-20-2004, 11:53 AM Reply   
try it wrapped
Old     (lakeday)      Join Date: Jan 2003       05-20-2004, 12:04 PM Reply   
practicing the handle pass on the ground is effective. probably not as good as on a trampoline, but it does help. i was getting the spin down and missing the handle every time. once i spent some time practicing the handle pass on the ground it really helped. finding the handle is the hard part, once you can do that, the rest isn't that tough.
Old    reddog25cf            05-20-2004, 12:15 PM Reply   
Thank you all for the help.... gonna probably be out either tonight or at least this weekend... I'll be trying your tips. Thanks!! Wish me luck.
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-20-2004, 1:16 PM Reply   
Sean the easiest way is to try and do the three with very little pop, over one wake. When I first leaned this trick many moons ago, I was just going for it, and just kept beating myself up. Then I just tried one wake (toeside) and landed my first try. Then I just kept going bigger and bigger.
Old    reddog25cf            05-20-2004, 8:36 PM Reply   
Just talked to Michael, and he just told me that he's getting a trampoline tomorrow for $50 out of the classifieds. Sweet deal... now I'll be able to take advantage and practice those handle passes. What a good guy he is...