Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 07, 2004

Old     (pingo)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-12-2004, 12:21 AM Reply   
9 month ago I did start to learn raleys. After the first day and a few good tries I had problems to raise my right arm due to pain in my right shoulder. The day before after wakeboarding I was fine! I thought it would vanish one day, but I it still hurts if I raise my arm fast or if I lift up something with my right arm AND the arm is bended. All shoulder-movements at the perimeter do hurt also. If I sleep on this side, it hurts also.
If the arm is straight. I have no big problems.
I checked now the shoulder by MRT diagnostics. They did not find anything.

Who knows the problem? What to do to solve it?
Thanks.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-12-2004, 12:30 AM Reply   
"Who knows the problem?"

I'm willing to bet a doctor does.

"What to do to solve it?"

Go see a doctor.
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       05-12-2004, 6:52 AM Reply   
Ingo;Hate to break the bad news to you but it could be bone spurs or tendonitis.IMO.
You are at the age when either can occur.I've had both in both shoulders,as well as the surgeries to correct them.
It's not the end of the world though,unless you let it get the best of you.I had orthoscopic surgery in January,first ride back end of March.

YOU NEED TO SEE A DOCTOR!Unless you feel like toughing it out,but it won't just go away.
In the meantime,ice it alot,and get some ibuprofen(anti-inflamatories).This will help,but it won't fix it.
Let us know how it's going.
Old     (junkee)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-12-2004, 7:10 AM Reply   
its called bursitis(burr-cy-tis), look in to it. i had it before. hurts like a biotch. however its just an inflamation type of injury, located at the actually shoulder joint. the dr will probably Rx you some good anti-inflamatory's and youll be good to go in a few weeks.

good luck
Old     (pingo)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-13-2004, 7:07 AM Reply   
OK for sure I did check with my doctor, but up to now he does not know what it is and what to do. I will tomorrow point to him your ideas. Thanks.

(It seems to be a wakeboarding special problem.)
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-13-2004, 9:25 AM Reply   
Could possibly be a torn rotator cuff... I just rehabbed mine and its doing better...
Old    jakeman            05-13-2004, 11:23 AM Reply   
at least you are doing them!
are you able to do shoulders in the gym?
start doing yoga & pilates
Old     (pingo)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-14-2004, 2:22 AM Reply   
My medical status: (my age 38) The MRI-pictures (MRT) showed nothing is torn, no bone spurs but a small bursitis and a tendonitis of the supraspinatus-tendon.
He called it also impingment syndrom.
My shoulder muscles are well trained and hinder the tendons a little bit in moving. There no help!

My medecin still allows me to continue wakeboarding and to do other sport. He says there is no perfect therapy against this problem.
Muscletraining would help eventually but it is very difficult to train this 1 muscle which would help. Most probably I would do the wrong thing in the bodybuilding studio.

I will now try Yoga and acupuncture.

Who knows other therapies or a good muscle training to help in this situation?
Old     (auto)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-14-2004, 4:47 AM Reply   
i tore my bicep tendon last june, waited on surgery till december, sort of the same pain you describe, but it is visible on a MRI.