Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 07, 2004

Old     (hyprlightborder)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-04-2004, 8:49 PM Reply   
Hey does anyone ride out here in reno or somewhere around there, i feel like im the only one ! If any of you do ride around here where do you go ? Also if any of you want to set up a day thing or w/e then let me know and maybe we can get somethin together }
Old    luchenbach            05-05-2004, 9:42 AM Reply   
Yes, I've ridden at Stampede, Pyramid Lake, Lahontan, and Frenchmans. Lahontan this last weekend was awesome. We mostly ride at Pyramid, but it's sort of a pain because the slightly salty water leaves spots on the boat. So you have to flush it and wash it really good after every ride. In your profile, it looks like you live in California, so why do you ride in Reno?

G-
Old     (millah)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-05-2004, 11:30 AM Reply   
Im in Reno and ride almost every weekend. Mostly Pyramid and Lahontan. Gary, I was at Lahontan last weekend too and yeah it was pretty awesome out there. We were in the Black Hurricane in the narrows most of the day on Sunday.
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-05-2004, 2:21 PM Reply   
yep, i ride at Lake Almanor from Memorial to late Aug.
Old     (hyprlightborder)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-05-2004, 2:59 PM Reply   
no, Gary i live here in reno but i ride in cali a lot ( srry about that ). Yeah we dont usually go out to pyramid because of the water and it can get to be a pain flushing the boat every weekend.We usually ride Lahontan,Stampede,Boca,Almanor then when we go out to cali we ride the delta and Mc Clure.
Old     (jennifer)      Join Date: May 2002       05-05-2004, 3:12 PM Reply   
Carrie, I live and ride in Tahoe, every day that the lake allows us too. Your welcome to come along whenever you want. This weekend is supposed to suck (rain/wind). But we could definatly set something up. IM me at FlyingDuckLC or PM me.
Old    luchenbach            05-07-2004, 1:56 PM Reply   
Dan, that is a sweet looking truck and boat that you have there. Hopefully this weather will get better again, so that we can do the sport that we love.

Jennifer, you are a brave woman to wakeboard in Tahoe in May!!! With the snow melt, the water has to be like, what, ... maybe 32.3 degrees. I don't know if I would do that in August. You have my respect.

G-
Old     (jennifer)      Join Date: May 2002       05-07-2004, 8:25 PM Reply   
Hah thanks Gary...water is about 50-55. You get used to it, I didn't rock a wetsuit wakesurfing and swimming last weekend.

(Message edited by jennifer on May 07, 2004)