Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 01, 2007

Old     (zacky)      Join Date: Apr 2003       04-15-2007, 7:23 PM Reply   
I know Malibu and Mastercraft offer between $5,000 and $10,000 cash rewards through Cash Rewards, Inc. They way I understand it, there is a process to follow by completing paperwork over a three-year period regarding the purchase of your new boat. If the paperwork is completed timely, you get a check for $5,000 (or $10,000 depending on the boat).
After visiting their site (cashrewardsinc.com) I am a little skeptical because one of the requirements is sending in a certified copy of your birth certificate. That seems odd to me. Has anybody started this process or completed it?
Old     (jamieb)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-16-2007, 10:02 AM Reply   
I looked at it, and looked at it as a big turn off.

Dealers justify overpricing their boats with this program. Also, my understanding was that it had some pretty big tax implications. I never fully confirmed that, so you might want to check on it.

It's also important to understand that it itn't guaranteed for 100% of the money offered. If everyone fills out their claims and follows all the rules, and there isn't enough to go around, you get a smaller percentage of the money.

Also, it can take a while to get an official copy of your birth certificate, so if you dfo it, be careful about that.

If you decide to do it, that's cool, but for me it was too shady, and too much of a headache
Old     (mikeywake720)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-16-2007, 9:01 PM Reply   
Just to give you a little insight. I went through the same thing. My step dad just recently purchased a X-45. we went to a dealer in northern ca. in Sacramento. All they talked about was the cash rewards. We were dealing with a guy from there for about a year and now he's not working there. He was the most comfortable guy to talk to he gave no pressure, anyways we recently went to the boat show at sac and all they wanted to give us info on was cash rewards. that was their main focus. (IT'S 10,000 DOLLARS FOR FREE) to be honest my dad is a lawyer and had it checked out. It came up that there is a lot of things you have to do in order to get it in a timely manner. It could fail and then all the promises they made were a joke. My dad wasn't impressed with the dealer at all the gentalman that was there before was the reason why we camee back. He focused on the quality,as well as the history of Mastercraft . The salesman who we spoke to pretty muched talked about himself and all the boats he has sold this year. We gave them the we'll be back deal and went straight to Nor-cal mastercraft in pleasanton who used to be ski world but i guess they changed ownership. Those guys rock. We pretty much got the X-45 way cheaper than sacramento. and the first buying boat expirience was the at the most the best there was to be. they also claimed the 10,000 dollar thing is hit or miss. It's funny how selling tools are used, cope's was nothing about theirs. Nor-cal took us out on the boat the same day and we actually had a private lesson before we even gave a deposit. We get to pick our boat up this weekend. They are also having a huge grand opening sale. If you haven't purchased yet go check them out they are the best in the area. I am new to boating but it definately wasn't like buying a car, like the prior incident. We are going to lake camanche this weekend and puting hours and hours on, This year will be great for my family, i leave back to duty at the end of may but the next month will be so much fun....Go check them out (NOR-CAL MASTERCRAFT I BELIEVE IN PLEASANTON CA
Old     (mikel)      Join Date: Nov 2004       04-16-2007, 9:44 PM Reply   
It is important to understand that it is some MC and Malibu dealers...it is not all dealers offering that. It seems kinda hokey to offer this program, and my local MC and Malibu dealers are not doing it, which to me seems good to stay away from it.
Old     (joshuag)      Join Date: Feb 2007       04-17-2007, 7:31 PM Reply   
I was told that it actually cost the dealership money. If you get a 5k reward then it cost the dealer $750. If you get a 10k reward it costs the dealer $1500. I looked into it also and from what i have been told is that you really have to wake that fine line or it gives them the ability to "screw you". The costs of the rewards could also be why not all dealers are doing it. I also believe i heard that the dealers have to pay a ceartain amount of money to get started in the program. The reward money has to come from somewhere.
Old     (916rider54)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-17-2007, 7:48 PM Reply   
I'm a participant in this program so I guess I'll find out in 3 years! Josh you're right about the dealerships paying for the rights to get into the program. But from what the general manager told me was that if i don't get my money than they don't get their bonus from the program. Josh where did you hear about them paying if you get your money? Thats interesting and scary cuz that gives them incentive to work against you. I'd hate to do business with people working against me. Well i had my doubts especially when i read the contract. It sounds like the cashrewards people are making it difficult for you to cash in, but i figured what the heck its free. What am i gonna do, turn it down. Its just a bonus. The dealer didn't make me pay for it. Just make sure when you are negotiating to your target price, don't let them use the cash rewards as a way of raising the price. The guys at Copes seem cool and straight up so for now i have faith in what they told me.
Old     (joshuag)      Join Date: Feb 2007       04-17-2007, 8:07 PM Reply   
From what i have been told is that they have to pay $750 or $1500 depending on your reward if you sign up for the program. It doesn't have anything to do with if you get your money or if you don't. I believe they take the money (750 or 1500) and invest the money. All this info is from what i have heard from my dealer who used to be a participant but stopped because he had a few people who didn't follow the steps correctly and didn't get there reward and then came back to him and started complaining. Good luck with your reward bonus.

Josh
Old     (916rider54)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-17-2007, 8:13 PM Reply   
Thanks, believe me when i say i know i'm in for a fight to get that money away from the cash rewards people.
Old     (joshuag)      Join Date: Feb 2007       04-17-2007, 8:20 PM Reply   
My dealer did say that if you follow the program it can work no prob. He knows a few people that actually sold the boat before the 3 years and still got reward. I remember 2 people that he told me about. One sold the boat for 5k less than what he owed on it so it would sell fast and then when the money came he would be even. The other person sold the boat 6 months- 1yr later for almost the cost of the boat and then a couple years later he got the reward. So he actually made money. Just make sure you read the fine print and you should be okay.
Old     (mikeywake720)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-17-2007, 10:55 PM Reply   
I'm a participant in this program so I guess I'll find out in 3 years! Josh you're right about the dealerships paying for the rights to get into the program. But from what the general manager told me was that if i don't get my money than they don't get their bonus from the program. Josh where did you hear about them paying if you get your money? Thats interesting and scary cuz that gives them incentive to work against you. I'd hate to do business with people working against me. Well i had my doubts especially when i read the contract. It sounds like the cashrewards people are making it difficult for you to cash in, but i figured what the heck its free. What am i gonna do, turn it down. Its just a bonus. The dealer didn't make me pay for it. Just make sure when you are negotiating to your target price, don't let them use the cash rewards as a way of raising the price. The guys at Copes seem cool and straight up so for now i have faith in what they told me.

IT WAS PROBABLY IN THE PRICE OF THE BOAT. THEY MADE YOU THINK YOU WERE GETTING A GOOD DEAL. MY DAD EVEN SAID THAT THEIR FINANCE LADY SAID THAT SHE COULDN'T BE SPECIFIC WITH THE DETAILS. AND ANOTHER THING IS IF YOU DON'T GET YOUR TEN-K THEY WILL GET THEIR BONUS. BEHIND THE SCENES THEY ARE HOPING YOU DON'T. WE BOUGHT OUR BOAT FROM NOR CAL MC. IT WAS A DEFFINATE GOOD DECISION, WE ARE STARTING TO HEAR HORROR STORIES ABOUT COPES SERVICE. I ALSO HOPE YOU DIDN'T FALL FOR THAT FREIGHT CHARGE. THEY WANTED TO CHARGE US 1295.00 FOR FREIGHT.WHAT A JOKE.

don't let them use the cash rewards as a way of raising the price.
i figured what the heck its free.
THATS WHAT YOU THINK.
Old     (916rider54)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-17-2007, 11:30 PM Reply   
You are making alot of assumptions about what i paid for my boat. I know what the msrp is on the boat so I would know if it is included in the price of the boat. If it is included in the price than Nor CAl is selling the same boat for the same price without offerring the cash rewards. Because, yes both dealers start with the same msrp. I called both places before i bought. The only thing I'm gonna tell you about what I paid for my boat is that I went in their with a target price, and they went even lower than that. Now i get a chance to earn a little extra on top in three years.

If i'm not mistaken mastercraft has been around for about 64 years, and Copes has been selling them for about 60 of those years. Their record speaks for itself.

If you are partial to Nor CAl, good for you. I'm not gonna waste my time tryin to argue about who's better, copes or nor cal. I don't own stock in either company so I could care less what you think of them. If you want to bash copes go for it. In fact go do it to their face. They're located on Granite Dr. , Rocklin CA.
Old     (curtisco24)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-18-2007, 5:59 AM Reply   
Mastercraft has been around for 64 years? Please explain.
Old     (916rider54)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-18-2007, 7:05 AM Reply   
My mistake its actually 41 years.
Old     (916rider54)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-18-2007, 7:25 AM Reply   
Oh and don't ask me exactly how long copes has been around, i was goin by what a friend of mine told me while i was shopping for a boat. If he was wrong about Mastercraft's 64 years, he's obviously wrong about copes.
Old     (elleduke)      Join Date: Aug 2005       04-18-2007, 8:55 AM Reply   
I participated in this program. Why not, if it works, it works, if not I still got a great deal on my boat. If you follow the steps then you will be paid on it. So if you can read the instructions then the odds of you getting a rebate are pretty good. My 3 years are up in August, and if I get paid thats $10K I didn't have before. My father-in-law did this on his RV and got $15k, so the program is not BS. You just have to be ready for when your time window arrives.

As for the dealer portion, they participate because if you follow the steps correctly and you get your money, they know when you are paid and will contact you about upgrading to a new boat!
Old     (wally_bressler)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-18-2007, 10:06 AM Reply   
Hello everyone,

My name is Wally Bressler and I am the National Sales Director with Cash Rewards, Inc. - the company that seems to be at the heart of the discussion on this thread. I wanted to take a moment to see if I could dispell some of the concerns and rumors about our product and our relationship with some of the companies from which you purchase your watercraft.

Initially, if you want to talk with me directly, please e-mail me at wbressler@cashrewardsinc.com and let me know how to contact you. I travel regularly and I am not always easy to get in touch with, but I will gladly e-mail or call you up on request.

The Cash Rewards program is a completely legal and ethical program that is used by organizations around North America to reward their clients for doing business with them. We are a Gold Member with the Better Business Bureau and we are in our fourth year of business.

The Cash Rewards program works much like a rebate program in that the company from which you buy your boat, wakeboard, etc. pays for your participation in the program and then there will be steps that you have to follow in order to get your money. While it is not guaranteed, the money is available for people who process their paperwork properly and in a timely fashion. Currently, everyone who has completed their paperwork correctly has gotten a 100% payout on their reward. If you want testimonials from customers of ours, including boat purchasers, who have received their payout, please e-mail me.

Our program, while it is not an insurance product, works like your insurance company works. For instance, if you buy a brand new Mastercraft Prostar 197 it could cost you $50,000 or more. The insurance on it would be less than $100 per month. If for some reason that boat was stolen or wrecked, the insurance company would give you the value of that boat back in a check, even if you only made one insurance payment.

Our product works the same way. When valid claims are made, we process a check and send it out to the redeemer. Based on 12 years of data and statistics, the payout is a full payout more than 99% of the time (this number is subject to change). On rare occasions, when there are a large number of redemptions, the payout is less, but it is not zero. More importantly, the consumer does not pay for this or have the product price increased significantly, or at all, to get the Cash Reward.

Mastercraft and other companies we work with give this Cash Reward as a thank you for doing business with them. They have a choice of spending thousands of dollars each month to run ads in publications across the country to get you to come to them or they can take that money and thank you for doing business with them. To them, the money is better well spent on existing customers. More importantly, the program is not required, if you'd like to buy a boat, wakeboard, etc. and not get the Cash Reward, that is an option as well. However, how great would it be to get $10,000 in three years to use towards an upgrade to a new boat, for accessories for your existing one or just to have cash in the bank? In many cases, this money is tax free.

Please, if you want the truth, contact me. I will make myself avaialble to you.

One last thing. Cash Rewards, Inc. and our members across North America want our certificate holders to get their money. We are so serious about that that we've set up the following program: At the end of the year, after all redemptions are handled and we make sure there is money in the accounts for future redemptions, we take the unclaimed money and send it to charity. If you don't collect your money, Cash Rewards and Mastercraft, for instance, don't get it. It goes to charity. So the money that Mastercraft and other companies pay for their clients' participation in this program will go to charity if it is not claimed.

Thanks for reading my long message. Let me know if you need anything else.

Abundance and prosperity,

Wally Bressler
National Sales Director
Cash Rewards, Inc.

(Message edited by wally_bressler on April 18, 2007)

(Message edited by wally_bressler on April 18, 2007)
Old     (jwharan)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-18-2007, 12:05 PM Reply   
I wouldn't trust anyone named wally
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-18-2007, 12:16 PM Reply   
That shows that WW is a powerful source that a lot of people/mfgs/business etc. pay attention to. It also shows how things can be misunderstood and represented incorrectly by people posting on here.
Wally thanks for the info and setting the record straight.
Old     (rocketman)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-20-2007, 1:01 PM Reply   
It's fine and all I guess, but if a Mastercraft dealer really wanted to thank me, they would just drop 10K off the price right now, instead of making me wait three years to see if I filled out the paperwork right. If everybody got 10% off the price right now, then there would be word of mouth passed around that would be much more effective than any advertising.