Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 01, 2007

Old     (zacky)      Join Date: Apr 2003       04-08-2007, 10:05 PM Reply   
I was looking at a new boat the other day and I noticed something I had never noticed on a boat before. When I pushed on the side of the hull, there was about a 3'x 2' area that had a good amount of flex maybe about a 1/4" . The opposite side of the boat did not have this flex. Has anybody else ever experienced this? If so, is this an item of concern?
Old     (266crownlinebr)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-09-2007, 3:23 AM Reply   
Sounds like a bubble in the fiberglass or delamination of some kind.. I would stay away from that. What manufacture?
Old     (zacky)      Join Date: Apr 2003       04-09-2007, 9:45 AM Reply   
No, I've seen bubbles and delamination. This was different. I would best compare it to waxing a car door/hood. When you press too hard you can feel it flex. Only, I was not pressing that hard against the side of the boat...
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-09-2007, 10:44 AM Reply   
What year/model?
Old     (jovedawake)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-09-2007, 10:59 AM Reply   
I always push on hulls when I go to a boat show. And these are the boats I stay away from.

Is it a huge concern? Maybe or maybe not.

I believe it certainly shows how solid or not solid the construction of a boat is.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-09-2007, 12:16 PM Reply   
I have done the same thing Mavy. Some flex more, others flex less, but they all flex a little bit except for the Epic (at least the one I pushed on). I rocked the junk out of that thing, lol. IMHO its pretty typical for the hull to flex right underneath the driver and passenger windshield areas.
Old     (zacky)      Join Date: Apr 2003       04-09-2007, 6:30 PM Reply   
Matt's right. It was flexing on the side of the hull, right underneath the driver's side windshield area. The passenger's side felt pretty solid. It was a 2007 model. I won't name the manufacturer because that was not the purpose of the thread...
Old    bocephus            04-09-2007, 9:18 PM Reply   
I take the 5th....

(Message edited by bocephus on April 09, 2007)
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-09-2007, 10:59 PM Reply   

quote:

I take the 5th....

I guess you mean you plead the 5th?
Old     (zacky)      Join Date: Apr 2003       04-09-2007, 11:28 PM Reply   
Bocephus- I want to hear what you have to say. Please send me an e-mail if you do not want to post it...