Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 21, 2006

Old     (troyl)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-05-2006, 11:18 PM Reply   
So we had a great 5 day weekend at Mead with perfect conditions at least 5 or 6 hours each day.
On the last day I leave my girl friend Tracy in the PoP-ProDucTs SAN with all the kids as I take off in my friends Malibu to get it on the trailer, Tracy will follow us in a few minutes and I will be ready with my trailer. 30 minutes later she still hasen't arrived and the wind is starting, and its getting dark. Trying not to panic we relaunch the Malibu and head off in search of my SAN. (and my Tracy!) We find her floating about 4 miles out just a few minutes from being blown onto the rocks.
Tracy says " boat sounded funny so i shut her down". Anyway what did i do....I mean I have over 3000 hours of boat ownership.....fired it up and drove until it smoked rubber burning of course. Yes I know...Idiot man never believes woman and must make sure... Temp never got over 190 but the impeller was smoking. Gotta love the girlfriend (less than 300 hours in a boat) that did not even overheat the boat...she could tell by the sound that there was something wrong (no water in the exhaust) and just waited for us. Knowing she could start it any time and keep off the rocks. I was really proud of her.

Found the intake hose had popped off at the shower connection, put it back on and all was good. I will have to replace the impeller (my bad not hers) now though as it was smoking pretty good and I am sure its a little chewed up, but the boat ran fine after I put the hose back together. Very lucky that late afternoon masive Lake Mead wind did not come up while floating dead in the water.

Note to self: Tighten all hose clamps with a 5/32 socket, not a screwdriver.
Old     (snyper1d)      Join Date: Mar 2005       07-05-2006, 11:41 PM Reply   
I believe it is a 5/16 socket....
Old     (sdub)      Join Date: Jan 2003       07-06-2006, 9:14 AM Reply   
yeah, if the wind was blowin' harder or you were a little slower you would been King of PooP.....hahaha.
Old     (troyl)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-06-2006, 10:02 PM Reply   
Sdub..........very true...could have been ugly as you know. When you coming out? 8-1 would be good.

No wonder all my hose clamps are falling off...i keep using a 5/32 socket......
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-06-2006, 10:11 PM Reply   
"my girl friend Tracy"

After an event like that, I think she's a 'keeper'
Old     (fyrdawg29)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-07-2006, 4:50 PM Reply   
"Keeper" is an understatement. Marry her. If she knows the sound of a motor in distress, just think what else she can do. Love a woman like that. too bad we men dont listen... LoL