Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 30, 2005

Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-16-2005, 7:34 AM Reply   
Does the new board get away from that "directional" fin setup on last years board? Probably will pick on up this year anyway, but I liked that feature on the 05. New board looks great!

Eric
Old    porkchizzle            09-19-2005, 7:47 PM Reply   
just email, shaunmurray.com hes quick with getting back to ya too.
Old     (driving)      Join Date: Jan 2003       09-21-2005, 1:55 PM Reply   
Shaun here on travis's account cuz i suck and can't remember my username.
i just took another set on my new board today and I am super pumped on it. So many people have told me how much they dig the new board. I cranked the rocker to 3.2 inches but kept it pretty continuous. there is a slight increase right under each foot, like 3 stage, but not too much difference from the center of the board. I wanted to get the pop of 3 stage but not sacrifice the way the board landed and carved.
To answer your question, i changed to molded in fins cuz i wanted to be able to ride finless sometimes but still have decent tracking. i didn't get to mess with directional stuff cuz we needed to finish the mold and i was super pumped on how it rode. while some people, like yourself, were into the directional ride, most didn't get it. let me know if you have any more questions. later
shaun
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       09-21-2005, 2:26 PM Reply   
Shaun hope you ride in 06. Its just not the same without you out there thowin down, we need you back in the comps. Hope all is well. IMO you are still the man!!
Old    nautiquejeff            09-21-2005, 5:32 PM Reply   
Hey Shaun,

What's up with the closed toe boots? Is there an advantage to that design?
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-21-2005, 5:37 PM Reply   
Hey Jeff you may wanna do a search on the closed toe boots question, shaun posted a while back about his thoughts on them...
Old    nautiquejeff            09-21-2005, 5:44 PM Reply   
Thanks Eric. I should have known...
Old    dyonisus            10-03-2005, 5:30 AM Reply   
Shaun did an interview for SlidingGlass during the Pan Ams, from what I heard he just might ride in '06. Wouldnt that be great!
Old     (loudah)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-03-2005, 5:18 PM Reply   
Hey Shaun,

I'm trying to find a foam blank distributor so i can work on a wakeboard design. So far only been in contact with surf shops is there a company that specializes in foam blanks?
Old     (shaun_murray)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-11-2005, 9:04 AM Reply   
i really don't know anyone that has a foam blank of anykind. i grew up next to clark foam in mission viejo ca, they provide most of the surf foam. jimmy redmond does a lot of foam blanks at LF. try droppin him a line. wish i could help more.
just uses a mask and don't sand fiberglass without a shirt on. i have been repairing a bunch of surfboards lately and found out that you don't want to be on the skins team when sanding fiberglass and resin. you know, shirts and skins.
have fun shaping. shaun
Old     (nuckledragger)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-11-2005, 12:11 PM Reply   
Jason,

A lot of times you can buy foam blanks from surf shops that shape their own boards, thats what I do. The best bet though is Clark Foam or www.foamez.com.