Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 30, 2005

Old     (ridetilldeath)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-09-2005, 3:27 PM Reply   
hi, i own a cwb pure board and i have not changed anything about it since i bought it. i am going to orlando watersports complex next week and they have sliders which i was hoping to get started on. my question is, will my fins brake if i hit the slider hard? and if i went up a ramp would anything "bad" happen to my board or fins? the fins are pretty big and stick out from the board quite alot, im guessing around 2 inches. would it be ok if i took the fins out? or should i get new ones? or would it be ok with the ones i have now?
any help in this matter will be much appreciated!
thanks!!

sam
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-09-2005, 5:05 PM Reply   
I don't think they'll let you ride the cable with fins.
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       10-09-2005, 5:08 PM Reply   
You have to take the fins out to ride OWC. Also, with a CWB Pure, you run the risk of damaging the molded fins in the board if you hit the sliders.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-09-2005, 5:15 PM Reply   
You could always rent a board there to slide on... Although sliding your board isn't a big deal. Wakeboards are pretty tough and able to be ridden while all scratched up! It's not like they are that hard to come by too. And yes... you will have to take your fins off, but even behind the boat you'll be alot more happy if you learned to ride your board finless.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-09-2005, 5:17 PM Reply   

quote:

Wakeboards are pretty tough and able to be ridden while all scratched up! It's not like they are that hard to come by too.

not that hard to come by? did I hear you right or are you out of your gord?
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-09-2005, 5:22 PM Reply   
.. I don't find it hard to come up with a board when I need one. But I guess I may be a little ignorant to other peoples situation. My bad.

A wakeboard can be ridden all beat up non the less though. So long as you don't break the core.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-09-2005, 5:37 PM Reply   
i go through boards like water, they arent meant to look pretty.

www.wakecoupns.com
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-09-2005, 5:47 PM Reply   
what Mike said..
Old     (ridetilldeath)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-10-2005, 3:39 AM Reply   
ok maybe ill stay off the sliders for now lol
i dont want the chance of braking my board as i dont have enough money to get a new one!
thanks for the help guys

much appreciated!!

sam
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-10-2005, 6:32 AM Reply   
renting a board is only like $35 dollars, bindings included i'm pretty sure. It is all Hyperlite stuff though. The Era seems pretty popular on the the sliders.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-10-2005, 8:24 AM Reply   
OWC allows non-metal fins up to an inch in height on the sliders. Center fins are not really recommended on the sliders and might even snap off.

I would recommend removing your fins and hitting the sliders. That's really a big part of the fun at OWC. You really only need to keep your fins on if you want to learn inverts off the water. And make sure you bring your helmet as it's required on the sliders.

I wouldn't really worry too much about breaking your board unless you are hitting the sliders really hard. My Motives hold up really well. The Cheese Wedge is probably the only slider that will cause any damage as it is really steep and unforgiving.

Sam, what days are you planning to be out there? I haven't been riding as much lately but I will be out probably one night this week and at least one day this coming weekend.
Old     (ridetilldeath)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-10-2005, 11:48 AM Reply   
im thinking about going on thursday/friday but i might not get to go because i dont know if i can get a ride.
would my board scratch up if i went on the sliders but didnt hit them hard? and would any damage be done to my molded in fins?

sam