Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 30, 2005

Old    canadaboy            09-23-2005, 9:47 AM Reply   
I was flipping through some old magazines and saw the articles for it. I gave it a search and found its website www.wakinamovie.com/ and articles from 2004 printed on this site. Whatever happened to it?

I looked up the Internet Movie Database but the film (In The Wake of Identity) isn't there, but the brains behind the film, Monroe Mann is listed. There is a discussion in the forums there (you now have to join to be able to view them) about one guy who made a website about Monroe Mann and all his get rich quick schemes and how he is a con artist, which is damn funny http://10-things-i-hate-about-monroe-mann.50webs.com/index.html

That website had a copy of a discussion Monroe had on these forums in 2004 and everybody was brutal to him (deservedly it seems). Has he posted since? Does anybody here know the guy personally? He sounds like he's a few sandwiches short of a picnic. Is he still making the film?
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-26-2005, 7:43 PM Reply   
HAHAHA! That site is hilarious!!!!

Joe Umali and Scott A are famous!

Romp On!

(Message edited by joshugan on September 26, 2005)
Old     (lives2wake)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-26-2005, 8:02 PM Reply   
Damn, I've been waiting patiently for that movie to come out.
Old    canadaboy            09-30-2005, 4:27 AM Reply   
I haven't bought any magazines in the past year, so is he still running articles about his film? Does anybody here know the guy? He seems to claim that he is involved greatly in the community, he says he has the backing of a few top guys. Some of you had to have met him. C'mon and share the humor and knowledge about him! :-)

Yes the site is dead funny, the best thing is the pages about his school for bad actors. He teaches them about how acting talent isn't needed, all you need is business savvy! It is scary that people actually fall for things like that.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       09-30-2005, 10:09 PM Reply   
Business savvy from that idiot? Kinda like taking financial advice from Gary Coleman, isn't it?
Old    blind5            10-01-2005, 9:25 AM Reply   
the big movie corperations just want to make a quick buck off of our fast growing sports (skateboarding, surfing, snow). How many of you have seen the movie grind? I thought that it might be an allright flim, but it was horrible. the whole movie was about some poser actor that probly can't even skate walking around showing people his sponcer me video.

they have to keep it real, lifestyle, riding. not some bogus story line with no reality.
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-01-2005, 1:54 PM Reply   
wait...what did i do this time?
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       10-01-2005, 5:51 PM Reply   
Ahhh, that site is probably the best thing I've ever seen.

God, if anyone has any spare time, you should really browse through that site, epecially the pictures (I think it's the second link). The man boobs, the captions...I laughed, I cried, I laughed again!

And the guy that runs the site harshes wakeboarding, but that's what you get when you have a douche like monroe try and capitalize on wakeboarding. It ends up all wrong in many ways. But you know what? I still love that damn site..

(Message edited by electricsnow on October 01, 2005)
Old    lamreaux            10-01-2005, 7:05 PM Reply   
That site is hysterical. I'll bet all 57 wakeboard enthusiasts would agree. (That's how many of us he says there are). I don't mind being in an exclusive club. That Monroe sounds like a real piece of work!
Old    canadaboy            10-07-2005, 8:31 AM Reply   
electricsnow, it is true that site owner trashes wakeboarding, but like you said that's what we get for having Monroe trying to profit from it. The website has a FAQ page which has these questions and answers:

Q: What's wakeboarding?

A: Gay surfboarding.

Q: Dude, why are you so negative towards wakeboarding? Wakeboarding is waaay cool.

A: I only learned about wakeboarding through Monroe's sites and by reading his script, and I got an overwhelming sense that it was the most feeble sport on the planet that only the lamest of people participate in.

So the guy admits he doesn't know about the sport and it is Monroe's fault he thinks wake-boarding is "Gay surfboarding" . He also said on another page (which I can't find at the moment) that he is from Scotland, so I wouldn't know how popular it is over there. It doesn't stop the site from being probably the funniest thing I have seen on the net in years.

I don't mind wake-boarding getting trashed so long as it puts this Monroe guy out of business profiteering from us.