Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 30, 2005

Old     (ladythump)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-05-2005, 10:01 AM Reply   
I'm looking for some information on the Vancouver wakeboarding scene. Where do you ride? What temp is the water? How long is your season?
Old     (lchamaschuk)      Join Date: Feb 2002       10-05-2005, 12:33 PM Reply   
I ride about 2 minutes from my house, in the Deas Slough. See the pics that Evan Park posted a couple of days ago. The Deas Slough is in Delta (Ladner). We usually have the boat in the water from April to October. Temp in the early and late season is in the mid 50's, and summer mid to high 60's, maybe over 70 if you're lucky. It's tidal water. I know people who ride all year round, but of course the boat would have to stay in a heated garage.

There are other places to ride, but they are further out. We used to ride in the Pitt River, near Pitt Meadows. There is also Allouette Lake and Cultas Lake.

Are you thinking of moving? Vancouver was just rated the "world's most desirable place to live", according to the Economist Intelligence Unit's livability survey.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/10/04/eui.survey/

The only thing they probably didn't consider in their survey was a long and warm summer
Old     (ladythump)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-05-2005, 12:39 PM Reply   
"70 if you're lucky?"

oy vay!!
Old    byerly137pro            10-05-2005, 2:18 PM Reply   
Talk to Evan Park, hes a memeber here and I'm sure he'll say something. They have a club/team not sure what its considered, called the Riders Realm.
Old     (wes_can_riders)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-05-2005, 4:52 PM Reply   
ive already talked about this topic on wb.com

Ronia, dont act like 70 sucks.. we have to ride in it and we dont cry about it... dont make it look like our water sucks... put up or shut up
Old    byerly137pro            10-05-2005, 5:22 PM Reply   
Where I ride the waters about 65 on average...so 70 sounds pretty sweet to me.
Old     (ladythump)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-06-2005, 6:13 AM Reply   
Evan,
I didn't mean it like that. My apologies.
I thought Lucky meant the AIR temperature hardly gets to 70. I didn't realize he was talking water temperature.
Old     (wes_can_riders)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-06-2005, 7:59 AM Reply   
nooooooooo worries...
Old     (lchamaschuk)      Join Date: Feb 2002       10-06-2005, 8:29 AM Reply   
Lucky is a she. And your question was about water temp, not air temp. If you were asking about air temp, I would have told you in Celcius - this is Canada after all!
Old     (ladythump)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-06-2005, 8:48 AM Reply   
You're right! DUH!
sorry about that ......

Well Lucky, I am a she too, and if we relocate, we need to hook up and ride (or snowboard)... we have a 2004 supra launch.
Old    lunaraven            10-06-2005, 9:18 AM Reply   
I'm out most every weekend until mid-December through January unless its windy (kite time). You just need the right gear and attitude. Last few years I have had some great days in February and November. Its actually colder in the spring because of the run-off than it is in the winter.
Old     (ladythump)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-06-2005, 9:20 AM Reply   
i have a shorty wetsuit and we have a heater on the boat ..... I would easily invest in a drysuit to extend the season.
Old     (lchamaschuk)      Join Date: Feb 2002       10-06-2005, 6:10 PM Reply   
Ronia - sounds good. Shoot me an email when you get to town. I'd like to see how the wake on your Supra is vs our Wakesetter!

I use my drysuit in the early and late season, and the shorty in early/late summer. It's a very short season for me in just shorts, but I'm a wimp.

The heater on the boat helps, as does the hot water shower to de-numb your feet.

PS - Rick, you're hard core.