Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (partydock17)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-13-2006, 1:39 PM Reply   
What are some tricks that the advanced riders are pulling?

Danny T.
WWW.OKCBOardShop.COM
WWW.WakeboardOklahoma.COM
Old     (hawaj)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-13-2006, 4:43 PM Reply   
some airs,
look at www.wakesurf.net
Old    surfdad            05-14-2006, 6:13 AM Reply   
James, who rides surfstyle with 3.5" fins, just landed a surface 720 yesterday. We also had the pleasure of riding with Jaime Lovett at the AZ contest and he threw 7 shuv-it's back-to-back, combo shuv-it's and shuv-it 3's. A big spin and back in the '04 World's he spun a 1080.

Now, I haven't seen it, but the "boys" were saying that several of the skimmers were blasting down the line and ollie'ing up enough to jib the back of the transom and then land to the side and pump back into the pocket.

(Message edited by surfdad on May 14, 2006)
Old     (hawaj)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-14-2006, 8:38 AM Reply   
Hi Jeff, I think that wakesurfing really suffer from lack of inspirational video footage of that all new radical stuff.

Picture is better than 1000 words especially for movement.
Till you didnt post pic and videos of James ripping on wave I didnt have any clue how it looks or how to do it. Videos are my main inspiration and mostly only in all boardsports I ever tried. I still love to watch that first 14MB Landlock promo video from Hyperlite.
Wakesurf Championship video was allways horrible, but better than nohing. Hope you will find somebody (some video enthusiast or cinematography students), who can transfer hot tricks to the all of us.
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-14-2006, 4:15 PM Reply   
a 720 shuvit? as in the board is spinning twice under his feet? that is insane
Old    surfdad            05-14-2006, 5:57 PM Reply   
No, Entrust, sorry if I wasn't clear. James landed a surface 7 - no air...and Jaime did 7 as in one more than 6 :-) shuv-its. Just back-to-back.
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-14-2006, 6:23 PM Reply   
ok cause i was like a 720 shuvit would seem impossible
Old     (caskimmer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-14-2006, 7:48 PM Reply   
I've seen Jaime land 720 shuvits and 540 bigspins in waves. He can also do a superman barrelroll air back into the wave that's amazingly sick. (all ocean skimming)
Old    surfdad            05-14-2006, 7:54 PM Reply   
Jaime tried a backroll behind Mike A's sanger...grabbing it indy and I'd guess he probably made it just a bit past 1/2 way...more speed and a taller wake and he'll get the rotation.
Old     (niap101)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-28-2006, 4:40 PM Reply   
Petr
We have wakesurf videos at
www.TrickBoardz.com
and we show a video of a surface 720 at
www.HowToWakeSurf.com

Larry Mann
Trick Boardz
Old     (stixxmon)      Join Date: May 2006       05-28-2006, 9:34 PM Reply   
test
Old    surfdad            05-29-2006, 5:45 AM Reply   
Jerry! So cool to have you posting, even if it is just a test! :-) AND...Welcome back Larry we haven't seen you in ages.

Jerry, if you ever post something and decide that you don't want it OUT THERE, you can (with some restrictions) delete it by using the delete icon - it's that note pad with the red X in the middle over on the right side on the grey bar just above your post.