Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 01, 2005

Old     (jwat142)      Join Date: Jan 2002       03-15-2005, 6:03 PM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/getarticle.asp?articleid=74

Does anyone have any more information on what Hansen's pro model is going to be like? Sizes, shape, rocker, fins, etc? I have heard that it's going to take the place of the Prodigy. I also heard he likes the Prodigy now and his new board is going to be similar to it. Anyone have any details?
Old     (mikel)      Join Date: Nov 2004       03-15-2005, 6:17 PM Reply   
I have heard a 140 and a 134 and possibly a 132.

Graphics are sick.

Have not heard that it will ride like the Prodigy...but really have not heard how it will ride.

Have heard that it is supposed to be a continuous rocker.

Have heard the reps will have them soon.

All that stuff is what was heard so it could be totally wrong.

Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-15-2005, 8:10 PM Reply   
From what I heard it is going to be completely different than the Prodigy or anything else they've released. Other than that I really can't say (they'd have to kill me). I'll let you know when I can, I'm really looking forward to riding it, it sounds sick!!
Old     (jrad)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-15-2005, 10:46 PM Reply   
oh sure hilstcherferd. lets not act like we know whats going on behind the scenes with this new board.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-16-2005, 3:49 AM Reply   
Its Wide!
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       03-16-2005, 9:03 AM Reply   
That will be interesting.

So what is the difference between the Prodigy and the Absolute as I haven't riden either of them?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       03-16-2005, 9:21 AM Reply   
It's definitely not taking the place of the Prodigy.

Kristian is right about it being wide. I heard the same.

Supposed to have more rocker than the Transcend.

biggest size is supposed to be 139.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-16-2005, 9:50 AM Reply   
Our rep is getting a prototype today, hopefully I 'll be able to meet up with him in the next week or so & get a ride on it. Yes it is wide. Like I said, it's different than anything they've released to date. Jared, just so you know that'll be my couch your sleeping on too, you don't wanna mess with me, my nickname isn't "Heavy" for nuthin'. Jarrett, there are many differences between those two, do a search or check the boardguide for reviews.
Old     (hypoxic_films)      Join Date: Dec 2003       03-16-2005, 9:52 AM Reply   
I rode it. Its sick. Trevor won the Alliance Ollie contest on it last week so it ollies good
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       03-16-2005, 10:24 AM Reply   
You guys are all full of it! CWB has been very tight lipped about the whole thing. No information nor graphics have been released as of yet. It is my understanding that "Stephan" will be receiving a prototype soon. So let us know how it rides. As for the rest of you speculating internet jockeys, you'll have to wait.

Hahn
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-16-2005, 10:29 AM Reply   
They have been tight lipped about it. Some guys just know & are expected to not tell. I won't be getting a prototype, a friend will. If they have already built the thing, then some one will know about it. The bindings for next year are sweet too....hehe.
Old     (mikel)      Join Date: Nov 2004       03-16-2005, 2:24 PM Reply   
Hahn,

I have seen graphics. It is sick.
Old     (trevorhansen)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-16-2005, 2:52 PM Reply   
Hey guys

Me and the CWB product design team have been working on this totally new and differant shape for almost a year. The final result is a board that is unlike any other board on the CWB line or for that matter any other manufacturer's line. It has a completly new and innovative ride and shape that will be "Flippin Sweet" The dimentions of the board are ^$%^@ @#$^B@ $%!@$%. Crap my keyboard broke guess you will have to wait and see. I'll give you one hint &^@%^**#@#$ Man this keyboard sucks.
Oh well
Trevor
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-16-2005, 2:56 PM Reply   
Haha good work Trevor. You gonna be in AZ this weekend? Perhaps we'll see you there.

My PR teacher would be proud, a "buzz" has been created. I guess school isn't a big waste...who knew?
Old     (jwat142)      Join Date: Jan 2002       03-16-2005, 5:27 PM Reply   
When should we expect to start seeing it showing up in stores?
Old     (more_betterness)      Join Date: Sep 2004       03-17-2005, 1:28 PM Reply   
The earliest you might see it is around late may or june according to the rep but you never know it might change.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-17-2005, 1:52 PM Reply   
Trevor's a pimp, ha, ha.... Check my profile pic.

Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-18-2005, 4:30 AM Reply   
Hahn, he had it at the Ollie contest so quite a few people have seen it. So not everyone is not full of it!
Trevor, can't wait to ride it!
Old    chavezychavez            03-18-2005, 11:25 AM Reply   
Trevor, man, you really should have that keyboard looked at!

Anyhow, love the graphics, can't wait for the samples to show up so we can get it wet.

Evan, man, I should have played some beer pong with you guys that night... too bad I ended up sick as a dog sweating out a fever. Oh well, maybe I managed to get Danny or Trevor sick breathing on their food at lunch.

I know CM got sick! *evil laugh* muhahahahahaha
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-18-2005, 11:49 AM Reply   
Oh man why did you guys post this new board stuff. Now I am going to need to try this one. My last words from board to board (this is the one I am going to stay on this one all season)BTW Joe, Paul, and Chad I know all ready board hoe.
Old     (snead)      Join Date: Jul 2001       03-18-2005, 12:07 PM Reply   
I heard it's gonna have holes to screw the bindings in and fins....killer sweet.
Old    chavezychavez            03-18-2005, 1:30 PM Reply   
Snead, good call. I will call CWB right now and give them the heads up!
Old     (steve_b)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-20-2005, 4:31 PM Reply   
Here's a picture of my sample.

Old     (mikel)      Join Date: Nov 2004       03-21-2005, 9:44 AM Reply   
So snead was right...it will have holes for bindings.

Did you ride it "what's that smell?"
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       03-21-2005, 12:30 PM Reply   
that IS sweet!!!

looks like 5 inch rocker. maybe even more. the new foam that they are making it out of is called "new foam". its lighter and has more pop than "old foam". I cant wait!

if you squint your left eye and turn your head just right, you can see an image of satan between the top and middle holes. wait a sec, its not satan, its a retriever.
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-21-2005, 1:29 PM Reply   
Well ill buy it only if it looks and ride a lot like the parks and put parks bindings on it since that the besat board combo ever ! :-)