Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 19, 2008

Old     (wakemann)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-05-2008, 4:48 PM Reply   
Just wanted to let everyone know who is looking for service in the Bay Area, that they should check out Topside Marine. Jim and Bill are great guys to deal with. I found them just by chance, I had a home project that need to be done so I found this really good place that does custom marble work at a good price. His shop just so happens to be right next door to Topside Marine so I went over to check out their shop. Just looking around you can tell that they take care of their customer’s boats. They always take off their shoes before getting in the boat and they put protective wrap on the trailer and boat so they don't scratch the boat or trailer. I didn't need any work done at the time and was just curious about what they do, I ended up talking to them more than 45 minutes. You get a feeling that they are not just about the business and getting people in and out the door. Well needless to say over the weekend I wiped out my rudder, strut, shaft and prop to name a few. I stopped by and they said bring it by and will take a look. They were able to get me in and check it out and they were more than ready to talk to my insurance company and get them exactly what they needed to get the work done. So I didn’t have to go back and forth. So far, I feel that I made the right choice taking the boat to them hopefully it goes off without a hitch. Will let you guys know how it turns out. Just wanted to let every know about them as it seems people will bash a company right away and there's not too much praise when things go right, yes it suppose to go right but how often do you get good customer service.
Old     (ceres1312)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-05-2008, 6:53 PM Reply   
I have always been a loyal customer of theirs. Jim more than knows his stuff about boats and just about anything.... Like you said above it is nice to see them take off their shoes when they are working on peoples boats and covering the sides. That is what kind of attention to detail you should expect when we as owners spend in buying our boats (toys). I am glad to see you have had a positive as an experience as I. As always great job Topside Marine!
Old     (morganmac)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-05-2008, 7:37 PM Reply   
That is great to know. They are less than a mile from my office.
As you are local to the area, do you have any recommendations on boat storage. I have a 24'2" boat with a trailer that the tongue doesn't fold, so over 26'. Looking for security as a top concern as removing the tower speakers is very difficult (but if a thief had all night at Public Storage lot they could get them off).
Old     (sangerlover)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-05-2008, 7:49 PM Reply   
Jim and Bill are great guys.
Old     (magnusm)      Join Date: Dec 2003       08-05-2008, 8:23 PM Reply   
Another endorsement for Topside. They know their stuff, good guys and reasonable prices.
Old     (stewart)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-06-2008, 9:48 AM Reply   
Where in the Bay Area are they located?
Old     (magnusm)      Join Date: Dec 2003       08-06-2008, 10:09 AM Reply   
475 Reynolds Circle
San Jose, CA 95112

Just off 101, near where it hits 880.

Website is: www.topsidemarine.com
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-08-2008, 8:50 AM Reply   
Great guy's. Customer service is the best!