Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (liquidforcefan)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-06-2010, 3:26 PM Reply   
I've got a pretty consistent HS back roll. I'm very confident in my ts w2w jumps almost more than hs. Should I try a front roll? Does anyone have any pointers? Is there anything else I should try first?
Old     (adambarry)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-06-2010, 6:32 PM Reply   
Do it on a trampoline, always helped me. Pretty simple trick, the feeling reminds me more of a tantrum than a hs backroll though. Just go for it, the falls aren't that bad.
Old     (lfadam)      Join Date: Nov 2008       05-06-2010, 6:41 PM Reply   
Falls arent bad, just wear boxers.

Getting most of the rotation on this trick isnt hard at all, but it is hard to get good pop and land clean with no butt check. Take a pretty solid edge then trip hard at the top of the wake (dont leave early and stand nice and tall), then its just a matter of tuck and roll. Its all about the take off.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-06-2010, 6:52 PM Reply   
Do a scarecrow first, much easier.... once those are solid I would do the frontroll
Old     (liquidforcefan)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-07-2010, 1:04 AM Reply   
ok cool, thanks for the tips.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-07-2010, 4:54 PM Reply   
Yup wear some neoprene shorts or a shorty...your boys are going to take a beating when you come up short the first few times.

Also: remember if it does not happen "naturally" your form is likely off. When I do them I think: Come in hot...let off edge and stand tall...tuck knees and rotate, open up continuing to push down on my heels to finish the rotation...ride away.

You will likely be slipping out on your heels...the trick is to over-rotate the trick a bit.