Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 30, 2008

Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-09-2008, 6:38 PM Reply   
Gas prices getting you down?
cant afford a winch either?
No wind for a kiteboarding?

Just Catch a shark and let it tow you

ok ok, so he is using a surf board, same idea...

"Shark surfing?"
http://glumbert.com/media/sharksurfing
Old     (mccoyboy)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-09-2008, 7:06 PM Reply   
that is wicked i cant tell if its reall. the shark trows a wake and the fin looks to stationary to be a shark. I dont know it could have been. it still looked pretty fun!
Old     (jtnz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-09-2008, 7:14 PM Reply   
That's no shark, that thing has a motor...
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-09-2008, 7:19 PM Reply   
ya, now that i look at it again, it is probably fake

i would think a real shark would thrash about at that meat, not casually swim away, especially with resistance
Old     (waketherainbow)      Join Date: Oct 2007       06-09-2008, 8:25 PM Reply   
yeah, and I think the surferes that they passed seemed pretty casual about a fin that looked like a Great White passing them. They probably all knew it was fake.
Old     (dppaneig)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-10-2008, 6:01 PM Reply   
did you notice, it looked like he was wearing a G-Stang
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-10-2008, 8:25 PM Reply   
Did I see him wearing socks or a man thong? :-) he he he

Not sure that is for real but it was funny.
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-11-2008, 8:33 AM Reply   
if that is real he is nuts!
Old     (wakesurf12)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-11-2008, 8:58 AM Reply   
It's totally fake. There is an awkward cut where they tried to make it all one shot. (After he casts and then the camera turns to the dock while the one guy screems "over there!") They had to make it look like the shark was taking the bait somehow. Unfortunately it was poorly edited.

Also, the acting of the surfer isn't very great if you ask me. I think I would be a tad more physiqued then he was.

Either way though it was freakin' awesome! I want to do that on my lake up here. It would be so funny!