Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 12, 2006

Old     (fullonsalesgrp)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-06-2006, 2:43 PM Reply   
Did anyone catch the blurb in his interview about Byerly.

Word for word here

"I asked Scott Byerly to partner up with me in The Projects about four years ago. He was always helping me out with coaching or whatever I needed. His passion for helping the industry is a lot like mine. Scott is doing so much right now like Volume Wakeskate Videos,The Projects, his new board company,all the trips and shoots he does for his sponsors, and of coarse his family. It's amazing he has time to sleep."

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I find this interesting seeing that Parks and Harf have not renewed their contracts.I thought it would be a no brainer that Scott would go to Gator.
itch
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-06-2006, 3:34 PM Reply   
As said "his new board company".. the new ride is apparently really sweet. Wakeboard that is.
Old     (wakeboarder84)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-06-2006, 3:36 PM Reply   
wait, he's not with hyperlite?!?!?!? he's riding for gator?!?! or did he start his own company? whatever he does good luck to him. i've always been a huge fan
Old     (driving)      Join Date: Jan 2003       07-06-2006, 3:36 PM Reply   
He is setting up a line under Hyperlite. Did you see that ad in the new mag?
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-06-2006, 3:37 PM Reply   
Theres a new ad?
Old     (bigpapaf1f)      Join Date: May 2005       07-06-2006, 3:40 PM Reply   
Ya, I hear its like a Nike/Jordan thing. Hyperlite/Byerly. Is that right Travis?
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-06-2006, 3:47 PM Reply   
I kinda think it's funny that he's focusing time on a new board. I haven't seen him strap up in days. Don't get me wrong I still think he could be not only the most progressive rider of all time, but also the most talented, but I get the feeling he isn't even interested in riding anything but a skate anymore.

Hopefully he'll prove me wrong and show all the groms out there why he still has a pro-model after all these years.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-06-2006, 3:49 PM Reply   
the same reason why jordan still has 10 different models of basketball shoes come out every year after his final retirement...his name sells, not his current game.
Old     (driving)      Join Date: Jan 2003       07-06-2006, 3:58 PM Reply   
The ad with him and his new back piece.

And, yes, it's like a Nike/Jordan thing. It just makes it where they have a little more control of product, and even riders under their line.

As far as focusing on a board, whether he rides one much or not, he knows what he likes, and that a lot of other people like it too. Why wouldn't he?
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-06-2006, 6:19 PM Reply   
I think after all these years Byerly and Bouchard know what works, doesen't matter if he rides that much or not.
Old     (fullonsalesgrp)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-07-2006, 5:51 AM Reply   
I thought the back piece ad was just a continuation of the Reef ad...................................
itch
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-07-2006, 6:31 AM Reply   
I had heard that while with Hyperlite he almost never had anythnig to do with the products that carried his
name. He let Hyperlite slap his name on whatever they wanted, and as long as they sent him a check he was happy.
In comparison, all I've heard about any current deals is what I've read right here on this thread.
Old     (lukewtwt)      Join Date: Apr 2003       07-07-2006, 7:36 AM Reply   
Byerly will always impact the wakeboard and wakeskate industry with his products, his vision, and his influence. Hyperlite has done the entire industry/sport a service by actually putting money and distribution behind Byerly's products, (unlike his previous sponsor) which he has some measure of control over (as much or more than any other pro, I'm sure). The Byerly line, under Hyperlite, will only be the next level of his stuff. I for one am looking forward to a new wakeboard shape in the tradition of the 02-03 Byerly board, with some new innovations.

(Message edited by lukewtwt on July 07, 2006)
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-07-2006, 10:58 AM Reply   
Alex, why the blasphemous speak? Anything in the wake industry that starts with an "I heard" basically means "I have no idea what the F I'm talking about". So please keep it to yourself.

Byerly is a pioneer and the original style master. His work with Scott Bouchard once again revolutionized what riders and shapers deemed possible. Byerly probably does more shape tesing than any rider, its the freedom from comps that allows this. I sure would love to see him strap up again...
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-07-2006, 11:05 AM Reply   
I can't wait for his new stuff to come out. The wake tech blunt was way ahead of its time. It can still be ridden today on the bigger wakes unlike most boards of its time.
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-07-2006, 11:28 AM Reply   
I agree. I think the 07 lineup from most manufacturers is going to be interesting this year. The shakeup with the O'Briens, and riders migrating to other companies should be good for those of us with disposable income.
Old     (lakeguy77)      Join Date: May 2002       07-08-2006, 5:46 AM Reply   
Another guy here excited to see what 07 brings with all the changes in the industry. So many major players in the industry from riders to execs have moved around. I'm a little scared for Hyperlite, of course, as I've always been a fan of their gear, their R&D, and their riders, and all the changes that have happened seem to be Hyperlite's loss, someone else's gain. But I'd say over the next couple of years the landscape of the industry will level off significantly, rather than the stacked deck in Hyperlite's corner with everybody else chasing them (not knocking anybody's gear, but you have to agree, all technical assets aside, Hyperlite's had the real star-power of the industry for quite a long time).