Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 04, 2009

Old     (dcwillette)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-05-2009, 12:58 PM Reply   
Well, add me to the list. I got a text message from my ex-wife saying that my Malibu VLX got broken into. I haven't seen it yet but she said they really did a lot of damage.

They stole:

Sony headunit
Zapco Reference 1000.4 amp
Zapco Reference 500.1 amp
Zapco I-2100 amp

They left the Wetsounds Pro-60X tower speakers, Wetsounds XS650 interior speakers and the sub.

Here's what really pisses me off... they punctured the front ballast tank, poured sunscreen all over the boat, on the seat cushions, down into the dash where the switches are, all over the throttle, etc. They destroyed the carpet and also opened the engine compartment but she couldn't tell if they did anything to it. For some reason, they stole the regristration?

She's going to take it it the Malibu dealer for a thorough inspection. The interior is destroyed, all bubbled up now. I guess we'll see how good the insurance is now.

If anyone sees any Zapco amps in the Georgetown / Austin, TX area for sale they may be mine.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-05-2009, 1:06 PM Reply   
OMG! what kind of people do that #($T^$#^??? I live in San Antonio...I'll keep an eye out and ask the boys at TSR if they heard anything.
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       08-05-2009, 1:10 PM Reply   
Oh man, not good. Where is it stored?

What registration did they take? Did it have your address on it?

http://www.360wakeboard.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10550&p=101913#p101913

Watch craigslist for your amps.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       08-05-2009, 1:10 PM Reply   
WTF???

They should be shot in the knees and left to rot in the warm Texas sun with fireants.
Old     (insuranceman)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-05-2009, 1:12 PM Reply   
sure it was not your ex.kidding.

that really stinks.

now you get to see how your insurance works. remember you get what you pay for.

good luck and keep us posted on what happens.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       08-05-2009, 1:14 PM Reply   
maybe the dfw wake forums too...
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       08-05-2009, 1:16 PM Reply   
Holy crap .

Just got video of my buddies bike that he left over night at the office and some D bag at 10:24pm tipped his bike over, WTF is wrong with people.
Old     (dcwillette)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-05-2009, 1:23 PM Reply   
I wouldn't be surprised if it was one of her disgruntled employees. She's owns a bar in Georgetown.

The only reason I care about this is even though we're divorced, the boat is still in my name right now.

The regristration had my old address on it but I still own the house. It is occupied.
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       08-05-2009, 1:30 PM Reply   
Man that sucks. I hope they catch the bastards!!!
Old     (gwnkids)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-05-2009, 1:53 PM Reply   
I feel your pain - we had the same thing happen on vacation 3 years ago. Skisafe was the ins and did a good job. I was disappointing that they do not cover loose items but they did cover all of the life vests
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       08-05-2009, 2:22 PM Reply   
So I take it the boat is stored at your ex's house in Georgetown?

I've been a little worried about this with my boat. Some punks jumped the fence at my storage facility recently and broke every window on every vehicle parked outside. My space there is enclosed, thankfully, but still... I had until then been thinking it would be a great place to keep a motorhome if I do end up buying one, but it's not quite so attractive anymore.
Old     (dcwillette)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-05-2009, 2:29 PM Reply   
Trace, it was stored in a lot behind as 12ft barbwire fence. She took it out of the fully enclosed shed I had it stored in because she takes it to a different lake than I did.
Old    murphy8166            08-05-2009, 2:51 PM Reply   
As the old saying goes.....

IF IT FLIES, FLOATS, or F^CKS....IT ALWAYS BETTER TO RENT THAN BUY.

Sorry for your loss....I'm referring to the stereo
Old     (dukeno1)      Join Date: May 2006       08-05-2009, 3:05 PM Reply   
I have always secretly hoped to come upon some of these pieces of pond scum while they are in the process of robbing someone (or myself). That will be a good day. I am sorry for your situation and hope that insurance takes care of you.

Many years ago I had a roommate who bought a new Suzuki Katana. He kept it at our apartment with a security chain of some sort. It was stolen in less than a month. The police found it burned on the side of the road, missing all the plastic and tires/rims etc. Insurance replaced it and he made a couple of new purchases. A handgun, a sturdier security chain/krypton lock, and an alarm with a silent pager. He kept the pistol and pager by his bed. He never got a page and I always think that bothered him a little! I know I was sad...
Old     (ss1234)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-05-2009, 3:05 PM Reply   
I recently made a potato gun "for the kids" (which is quite fun I might add...). It's been a long time since I've been a victim of these thievin' m-fer's, but I still dream of catching one of the these d-bags and using them as a potato gun target at close range. If it ever happened I seriously think a procedure would be needed to surgically remove potato fragments from the spleen. It's a comforting thought to dream about.......
Old     (travizts)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-05-2009, 3:10 PM Reply   
One of my good buddies had his whole system stolen and then they took a screw driver and punctured about 1,000 holes in his interior of his xstar.
Old     (wakeboardlasvegas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-05-2009, 8:45 PM Reply   
So on a lighter note, your ex-wife seeing anybody?
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-05-2009, 9:29 PM Reply   
stolen reg is used for identity theft, just like the VIN numbers are now used.
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-05-2009, 9:38 PM Reply   
You poor poor guy, I hate to hear that.

To quote John Travolta from Pulp Fiction, "It would be worth them doing it [vandalizing] for me to catch them doing it."

They wouldn't walk away, I hate to hear that for you man.
Old     (wakeandmx)      Join Date: Apr 2009       08-05-2009, 9:59 PM Reply   
Nothing against your ex or you. IMO, its sounds like someone your ex knows thats doing her a favor. They took all the stuff that can be used in a vehicle and left everything that couldnt. Punctured front ballast? They knew what they were doing! Sunscreen on the dash and seats? They knew what they were doing! Probably stole the registration just to cause you more someone she knows or someone you know. Sorry wish i could help. JMHO.
Old     (brett564)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-05-2009, 11:38 PM Reply   
I've been in law enforcement for 9 years. With some exceptions, thieves don't normally vandalize, and vandals don't normally steal. The chances are extremely high that who ever did this knows you in some way.

Think of it in this way. Thieves don't want to be caught, so they don't spend any more time committing their crime than they have too. After stealing your stereo equipment, they should have left, but they spent the extra time vandalizing you boat and risk getting seen or heard. There is no financial gain from that, therefore its all risk, so emotion was a factor.

I hate stories like this. Good luck.
Old     (brett564)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-05-2009, 11:41 PM Reply   
Ah, I just re-read the thread again. The boat is your wife's now? Well, either which way, chances are it's someone one of you knows in some way or another.
Old     (wake_rookie)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-06-2009, 8:02 AM Reply   
I didn't have my amps stolen but someone did steal the jack off the boat. I have my boat in the slip at the lake. I pulled the trailor out of the garage for a few days to do some work in there and some d!ckbag stole the jack off the trailor during the day. I can't imagine if someone vandalized my boat.

(Message edited by wake_rookie on August 06, 2009)