Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 14, 2005

Old     (surfer_ryan223)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-23-2005, 7:45 PM Reply   
Hey I am looking into the 05 lightning C4's. Can yall tell me about it like the wake size, quality of boat, engine, ect. Also what do you think it would cost to get one with some of the better packages. Also what do you think of it in general for wakeboarding and wakesurfing.

Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       09-24-2005, 11:15 AM Reply   
I have boarded behind one not a bad boat but wouldnt be something I would ever buy. If you are getting it for a real good price then by all means its not a bad boat. But there are so many better made boats with better wakes more room etc.... Just my 2 cents
Old     (surfer_ryan223)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-24-2005, 5:42 PM Reply   
thanks a lot, anybody else have a opinion about the boat.
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-25-2005, 4:38 AM Reply   
Ryan - I purchased an Avalanche C4 in July. We have put over 135 hours on the boat and the only maintenance has been the oil, transmission and v-drive fluids. The wake is excellent (hard and good vertical lip for pop). The core of the Mercuriser engine is the GM 5.7 liter same as every other manufacture, the transmission and v-drive are identical to Mastercraft, Malibu, Supra, and Tige. I think you will have a great experience with Centurion. I haven't checked prices on a Lightning, so I can't comment. I would think it would be low 40's based on the size comparison to an Avalanche.
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-25-2005, 12:23 PM Reply   
Ryan- I have a 2005 Elite-V C4 air warrior package. Bought it at the beginning of summer, and have about 73 hours on it, no problems so far, have the stock 500lb center tank, and the wakeplate, and the wake is more than enough to throw any inverts or spins, and the wakesurf wake is very impressive. If you have any other Q's PM me and i'll get back to you.
~Tyler~
Old     (neffro)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-25-2005, 8:04 PM Reply   
Ryan! I own a 03 Avalance and love it. No problems and I have 150 hrs on it. Centurion has all the options as the the boats and puts out a PRO size wake just with the stock ballest. Add more weight and the wake gets even bigger without the high pitch lip. Centurion Avalance was in the top ten boats for best wake size and shape in wakebaording mag this past year. You can go wrong with a centurion. But just like the others say check out other boats and pick the best one for your needs.
Good Luck!!!
Old     (mars)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-26-2005, 12:02 PM Reply   
You will not be disappointed.
Centurions tend to be touchy about side to side weight distribution but throw a very nice wake with less weight than it seems to take other boats. they are surfable but it takes some tweaking.
I chose a Centruion after looking at a lot of boats. I wanted a reasonable, pretty basic but solidly performing boat. I don't care for pimp and bling, I don't have tower speakers, fancy tribal graphics, maltese crosses on my board racks, etc... I just like to ride, plain and simple.
They are one of the better handling boats out there. I really like the pop-out carpet. The price was very competitive.
It also matters whom you are buying the boat from . The differences between boats are getting smaller and smaller, they are all darn good. Make sure you like and trust the dealer you get it from as this who will ultimately be backing the warranty (ie are they your advocate or the manufacturers?) and maintaining the boat for you.
You will get very biased opions by and large as everyone thinks their particualr boat is the best thing ever and everyone else's is crap.

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/255896.html?1127683212

I rest my case.

(Message edited by mars on September 26, 2005)