Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 11, 2007

Old     (bluereefrider)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-20-2006, 2:02 PM Reply   
Last time I was riding, I landed and looked down and my left binding was swiviling around. I have an '03 parks board with '05 murray bindings. So, after i finally got the boot off without breaking my ankle, the damage was the outside insert of my left binding got ripped out and bubbled up the top of the board around it. The warranty has passed, and i want to know if i should fix this on my own. Has this happened to anyone? any suggestions?
Old    innov8actionsports.com            12-20-2006, 2:29 PM Reply   
I thought Hyperlite had a lifetime warranty, sounds to me like this should be covered. Did you call Hyperlite?
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       12-20-2006, 2:42 PM Reply   
yep. just sent my board to get warrantied by hype. should be covered. check with your shop or wherever you bought it
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       12-20-2006, 2:43 PM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/65919/372974.html
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-20-2006, 5:59 PM Reply   
HL board warranty is two years on DNA and lifetime on foam.
Old     (bluereefrider)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-20-2006, 6:33 PM Reply   
It's not the DNA and I called Hyperlite and they said 2 years still for the foam. That sucks. I bought it in a different state from where I live now. So, has anyone ever tried to fix it themselves??
Old     (bluereefrider)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-20-2006, 6:36 PM Reply   
I just saw the link to that other post on this issue. I think I'll just try to bring it to the local board shop here and see if they can help me out. Thanks guys
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-20-2006, 7:15 PM Reply   
That's bull. I just spoke with Julieanne at HL a couple weeks ago in regards to board warranty and she said, DNA is 2 years and foam is lifetime. It's in the catalog too. Quote, "Limited Lifetime Warranty - There's no need for buyers remorse. We back our boards up."
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       12-20-2006, 11:26 PM Reply   
Wow, if they wont RMA that, it might be time to start looking for a new board company, that is total crap.
Old     (bailey)      Join Date: May 2001       12-20-2006, 11:41 PM Reply   
Hopefully Hype will warranty that for you but I wouldn't try to fix it. Once it has cracked through the top of the board it is done for. It will never be solid again and I wouldn't risk injury by trying to do a quick fix.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       12-21-2006, 6:40 AM Reply   
Andy - They will replace the board. I've had inserts rip out of several boards and they have always replaced them with current year models. One of the boards was 5 years old.
Old     (bluereefrider)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-21-2006, 9:00 AM Reply   
That is awesome to know. I really did call them a couple of weeks ago and they said it only had a two year warranty and since it is an '03 board, i'm out of luck. I think I better give them a call back because I don't want to spend $500 on a new board just from having an insert rip out. Thanks guys