Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 01, 2007

Old     (trx1noob)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-17-2007, 1:18 PM Reply   
Sorry if this is a repeat, but i looked through dozens of posts after doing a search and kind of come to the conclusion that the tsunami is a comparable pump given the difference in gph between the two. I've got a rule 2000 gph pump coming, but do any of you have any experience with the 2 and comment on which you feel is better?? looking to do 2 boats, a 2001 malibu wakesetter with single ballast(looking to add a couple more bags with internal pump set up) and a 2007 centurion enzo(already have 2 internal ballast setup) looking to add more for killer surf wake. any input is greatly appreciated. like i said, i did a search and found plenty of info, but nothing that makes my mind up.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-17-2007, 1:39 PM Reply   
I was never that impressed with the Rule 2000. I thought it might have been limited by the hose size. I never thought it was that much faster than the 1200.

The Tsunami is pretty impressive. I'd definitely say it's faster than the rule 1200, but I'd have to do a side by side with the 2000. I also think it depends on whether or not you are using a water bed fitting with it, or the sacks that were designed for it. With the fly high sacks it's a very fast set-up.
Old     (trx1noob)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-17-2007, 1:49 PM Reply   
thanx evan, i bought a couple of 750 pd fly high sacks with the rule 2000 gph pump. I hate sitting on the water waiting for bags to be filled, if i have to get a couple more tsunami's to help alleviate that, that's what I'll do. dont' know if i want to bugger around with doing an internal type setup. think i'll just get the bilge type pumps and fill and empty that way.

(Message edited by trx-1noob on April 17, 2007)
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       04-17-2007, 1:52 PM Reply   
750's fill within 5 min on the Tsunami 1200's. The modular motors also work really well with a built-in system - easy to work with when hooking everything up, and if you cook one all you have to do is pop out the motor and swap in a new one.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       04-17-2007, 2:08 PM Reply   
yea, i've got 4 rules in my boat. they work great, but the tsunam1200 just straight up puts out. the cartridge looks closer to the inlet..? so it.. uh. works better..?

and I'm Ron Burgundy..?
Old     (trx1noob)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-17-2007, 3:10 PM Reply   
thanx for the replies boys. by chance if I do decide to hook up a more permanant system, can a couple of you post some pics or diagrams with fittings that you have as well?? not sure if i want to drill through the hull, but a semi/permanant system might be in order. I tried reading through some of the posts, and all i read was valve this, bad valve that, water siphoning out of this setup, and over my thought capacities.

Also, does a guy need 2 pumps per bag to fill and drain, or can it be done with 1 pump.

(Message edited by trx-1noob on April 17, 2007)
Old     (market_open)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-23-2007, 12:32 AM Reply   
I have both and will soon be doing a side by side comparison, but for the money and if I had to do it again, I would go with the Tsunami 1200. You can buy 3 or 4 of them for the cost of 1 Rule 2000. Hope to have some pics up soon of a system I am working on.

Also: Yes you need two pumps to fill and drain if you are using aerators. It can be done with one impellar type reversible pump.