Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 01, 2007

Old     (bwelsh24)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-16-2007, 4:32 PM Reply   
I was just approved for 25k in financing. I am looking to get the best bang for my buck in a wakeboarding boat. I would prefer the V-Drive but feel like with this small amount I will not get anything too recent. I am trying my best to research all the boats and manufacturers but am limited in time. I am hoping some of you can assist a guy with a dream to wakeboard this summer with some solid advice. My experience with the sport is two years ago and only about 10 trips on the lake. I am finally earning enough money to buy a boat and I realize I have a lot to learn and want a boat I can grow into. Thanks in advance.
Old     (zipe)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-16-2007, 4:38 PM Reply   
Sanger V-210...next...
Old     (jwat142)      Join Date: Jan 2002       04-16-2007, 4:51 PM Reply   
1995 or newer Correct Craft Super sport is the best bang for the buck in my opinion. They have the same hull as the more recent super air nautiques. There is a '97 in the classifieds right now for 22.5K, which is a great deal if it's in good condition. I have a '97 myself and I love it (check my profile).
Old     (ericlee)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-16-2007, 4:55 PM Reply   
Bought my 2003 Moomba V Drive for 25K....pic on profile..so it can be done with some looking and some luck....
Old     (rio_sanger)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-21-2007, 12:48 PM Reply   
I agree with shawn...Sanger V-210 for 25k you could probably find a'98- '01 very popular boat in central/northern Ca.
Old    alanp            04-21-2007, 7:21 PM Reply   
i too agree with shawn. but if you wanna go a little cheaper find a supersport. i got my 95 supersport for 18,500. with only 275 hours and auto ballast.
Old     (lakeski)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-22-2007, 7:01 AM Reply   
Check out the Toyota Epic v-drives: S22 and SX22. They have a Lexus V8 (the same one used in the LS auto). It uses a fraction of the gas used in any other boat, which means lower operating costs.

Toyota made boats from 99-02. Don't confuse the Toyota Epic with the new Epic Wakeboat using the same name. They have nothing to do with each other.

Toyota Epics are very high quality (what you'd expect from Toyota/Lexus). They are holding their value extremely well, mine has only depreciated a couple of hundred dollars since I bought it three years ago. Many used Toyota Epics are priced reasonably. To learn more go to: www.epicmarine.com.