Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 25, 2007

Old     (j3t_m3ch)      Join Date: Jun 2006       05-12-2007, 11:07 AM Reply   
Today we had the boat out and it started acting funny. When we would try to maintain speed it would bog down but it was intermittent. It's almost like there was a load put on it for a couple seconds at a time. We thought it might be crappy fuel so we got some STP in there but it stayed the same. I also put it in neutral and revved it up and the engine sounded clean. Maybe a tranny problem?? Would do you guys think?? Thanks
Old     (wakesetter101)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-12-2007, 11:46 AM Reply   
Do you have a carb? If so maybe time to shot alittle carb cleaner in there.
Old     (j3t_m3ch)      Join Date: Jun 2006       05-12-2007, 12:41 PM Reply   
It's fuel injected....a GT40 engine. I called CC in Orlando and the guy said it sounds like a fuel problem. Is there something else I can add in there besides that STP octane booster that will work good for cleaning garbage fuel out? You think I should change the in-line filter too? Thanks
Old     (j3t_m3ch)      Join Date: Jun 2006       05-12-2007, 12:42 PM Reply   
It's the V-drive also
Old     (j3t_m3ch)      Join Date: Jun 2006       05-12-2007, 7:45 PM Reply   
Anybody????
Old     (boarder_x)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-12-2007, 8:33 PM Reply   
My boat did that for a couple days. Then it died completely. ... Fuel pump went out. I tried everything. Nothing fixed it. ... Till I replaced the fuel pump.
Old     (azwakekid)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-12-2007, 9:05 PM Reply   
could be water in the gas?
Old     (taylormade)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-13-2007, 2:54 AM Reply   
if it were the fuel pump, it'd more than likely do it while he was reving the engine, no?
Old     (j3t_m3ch)      Join Date: Jun 2006       05-13-2007, 7:31 AM Reply   
If it is bad fuel should I syphon the gas out or is there something that would help it out that I can add to it? first half of day is moms day....second half is boat day
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       05-13-2007, 4:29 PM Reply   
Start by draining the water from the cannister and see how much comes out.

Fuel pumps can be very intermitent. Current ramp the pump to determine it's actual condition. A volume test along with pressure will tell part of the story.
Old     (zoah)      Join Date: Nov 2006       05-14-2007, 6:04 AM Reply   
Put a fuel pressure gauge on the boat if you think it's the pump. There are two fuel pumps on these boats.

Revving it in neutral will not always cause the symptoms to show again, because the motor is not under a load.

Also check to make sure your plugs and wires are newer and corrosion and crack free.