Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Erik2393)      Join Date: Feb 2011       02-21-2011, 8:51 AM Reply   
Hey guys I was looking for some suggestions on a new board. Currently I ride and 06 substance and want to join my college wakeboard team so I figured it was time to upgrade. It doesn't actually need to be this years model board since a lot of them stay the same design over the years and I'm a student on a budget . I've looked at everything from the Liquid Force Watson, the Hyperlite Murray and Marek, as well as Byerly Monarch. I've been out of the buying game for a little while now so I was looking to get some opinions on Nova core vs Bio. Also I've noticed newer brands like slingshot so any opinions would be greatly appreciated!!!

Main things I'm looking for is huge pop. I definately don't mind going into the flats depending on the trick. For spins I'll stay in the wake but for anything like grabs and raleys I fly as high and far as I can get but I want high and long air as well!

Thanks for any help guys!
Old     (brucegoose23)      Join Date: Jan 2011       02-21-2011, 8:59 AM Reply   
you might check the liquid force lyman if you want huge pop... I got one for christmas and took it our for the first set this weekend and WOW! it has a loose feel on the water and has great pop off the wake. I was going higher and longer than last year and it was my first set in 4 months.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-21-2011, 2:02 PM Reply   
Lyman is good. Also the Watson Classic is a good one too. I've got the Harley on the way and will be able to provide some insite on that in about a week (hopefully it gets here before I leave for Florida on Thursday!).
Old     (Erik2393)      Join Date: Feb 2011       02-22-2011, 8:52 AM Reply   
Are you guys getting the FLY cores or just the normal ones? Is there that big a difference with those and say the nova core for hyperlite?
Old     (onepoorpilot)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-22-2011, 9:06 AM Reply   
I dont think they are offering the fly cores anymore. everything now is carbon X which is much stronger. The fly cores were busting within hours of people riding them. If you notice the pros wont even ride their fly models.....
Old     (riddick)      Join Date: Jan 2010       02-22-2011, 10:19 AM Reply   
I have a 2011 watson 143 and a 2011 138 S4 i can sell for cheap. PM me if your interested
Old     (Erik2393)      Join Date: Feb 2011       02-22-2011, 12:49 PM Reply   
Ha from everyone here looks like Liquid Force is still doing well!
Old     (Erik2393)      Join Date: Feb 2011       02-22-2011, 7:16 PM Reply   
Sent you a PM Brad