Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-24-2008, 8:36 PM Reply   
Okay, so I know I posted this up in the wakeboarding forum, and some of you may have seen it there, but all that I got was the typical "great video" and "great riding," with one or two "good editing"s mixed in.

I didn't really get any solid critiquing on the editing, and camera work in general, and I'd like to hear some. Be as brutal as necessary. Frankly, a lot of the stuff in the video I dislike a lot. I'm still not satisfied with it, and there are blurred out shots that I had to use because of extremely limited footage. It's driving me nuts, and as much as I like hearing that people like the vid (who doesn't enjoy hearing something like that?), I'd like some opinions on my real first shots at editing wakeboarding video.

Gauntlet Trailer (First wake vid stuff I've ever edited. Actually only the second video that I've really edited together ever...)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaUCP1f-g8g&feature=user

Slider Day 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwOyzQtLQQ4
I have no excuse for the shoddy editing of this one. It's just bad. Plus, for some reason, the internet upload knocked the timing off of the transition points, since they match up on the version of it I watch from my computer... A little odd, but whatever.

Like I said, be brutal, be brutal as hell. I want to hear it, since I don't get semiprofessional/professional opinions from anyone that I know who watches these.

Oh, and if you click on the watch in high quality just below the play count, it looks a ton better, which should help any critiquing, since that's more of what it looks like.

(Message edited by wakeboardern1 on June 24, 2008)