Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 14, 2005

Old    herbman            09-22-2005, 9:16 AM Reply   
Well, I am going to go ahead and pick up an 89 CC Sport Nautique, and the interior is faded beyond what I think the boat deserves. Not torn, or with holes, but just faded.. First of all, is there anything that anyone knows of that can re-dye interiors? If not, then what would be my best options to have the interior re-done? Can you buy the vinyl as a kit, and then have someone install it? What would your estimate be on what it should cost to have it done? Thanks in advance!!
Old     (kystyle)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-22-2005, 9:27 AM Reply   
I am restoring the interior of my 95' Sport Nautique piece by piece. I've done the driver's, observer's, and back seats so far. I just take whatever I want to get redone around to different upholstery shops and see who will do it for the best price. The shops will order the vinyl. My memory isn't all that good, but these are the approximate prices that I paid for my seats:

Observer's and Driver's (each): $125.00
Back Seats (all of them): $150.00

Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-22-2005, 9:29 AM Reply   
Matt,

Correct Craft is pretty good about keeping interior pieces available for older boats so they probably have something very close to what you need available, but it won't be cheap. You can join www.planetnautique.com and get a 15% discount from mid-ohio nautiques to help a little. Most people have a local shop remove the existing upholstery and reproduce the skins. If you want to do some of your own work you can to the removal and installation yourself just have a local shop sew the new skins up for your. The foam should be in good condition. If the 89 uses wood backing some of the backers might need to be replaced.
Old     (wakebrad)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-22-2005, 1:02 PM Reply   
wow, I didn't know CC made Sport Nautys in '89. What was the first year they did?

I've got a '92 Sport and am in the same position as you. Faded interior. I've been planning it out for a winter project, mostly going to do it myself. For the hard parts like the captains chairs I'm going to contract it out but for the front and side cushions all you need to do is buy some vinyl and staple it down. From what I've been told if you go through a shop they will charge you a lot for the vinyl but if you order it yourself you can get it much cheaper. Here's a list of rockford's marine vinyl.

http://www.rochfordsupply.com/product_listing.asp_Q_CatID_E_419_A_SubCatID_E_489

I've conversed with the this guy and gotten a lot of advice. http://forums.wakeboarder.com/viewtopic.php?t=22478

I've debated whether I should make a playpen area up there with a spot to put a sack. Wouldn't cost too much extra and wouldn't be too hard. Also maybe converting the backseat into a sundeck with a sack underneath it so I don't have to worry about sacks on the floor. Would be easier to upholster but I'd have to buy new foam for that.

Anyway if you're a DIYer that might be an option. I'm planning on having mine finished by January without doing any sewing on my part.