Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through September 24, 2004

Old     (bazel)      Join Date: Oct 2001       08-04-2004, 7:01 PM Reply   
Anybody know what ever happened with this boat? Did Centurion take it out of production?
Old     (98_searay)      Join Date: May 2004       08-04-2004, 10:39 PM Reply   
i dont think too many people bout it after all its 30ft would be hard to store. also it must have been expencive like an x-80 90K-100K
just a guess
Old     (fatsac)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-05-2004, 8:39 AM Reply   
There is one on Folsom from time to time... Doesn't it have an outdrive?? That boat is way to big and chopped up for a decent board boat. I cruised by it once and you have to step down into the cab to get up to the open bow. Wierd.
Old    oshensurfer            08-05-2004, 2:22 PM Reply   
The Tsunami seems like just a I/O cig boat with a tower.
Old     (mainelaker)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-08-2004, 7:33 AM Reply   
It wouldn't surprise me if they stopped building it. It was a nightmare to build & NC did NOT want to do them b/c they take up so much man power. It was an absolutely awesome concept for a wakeboard boat.
Old    tommyadrian5            08-08-2004, 8:06 PM Reply   
"It was an absolutely awesome concept for a wakeboard boat."

Except for the fact that it wasn't a wakeboard boat, it was a cigarette boat witha tower.
Old    ilovetrains            08-08-2004, 9:05 PM Reply   
somebody post a pic, gotta see this.
Old    aircanada            08-08-2004, 9:40 PM Reply   

Here's a link to some more information.
http://www.waterskimag.com/product.jsp?ID=66229&product=boat&clientID=25193

And a video review.
http://www.waterskimag.com/video.jsp?streamingLink=worldpub_boats2003_centuri on_tsunami
Old     (mainelaker)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-09-2004, 2:23 AM Reply   
Tom, not to be a d**k but you never got in one then. It's real easy to slam the boat but we had one at our shop. Ask one of the guys who owns one if it's "just a cigarette boat with a tower".
Old    ilovetrains            08-09-2004, 7:59 AM Reply   
how much were they?

When did they make them?
Old     (bdavis)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-09-2004, 9:00 AM Reply   
When I was looking to buy, I saw one for sale in texas. Went from 75k to 55k I dont know what it sold for but the paint on that one was pretty bad. I think new, they were over 110k.
Old    tommyadrian5            08-09-2004, 9:51 AM Reply   
well carl, it's obvious that you are a d**k, but i think that the fact that they stopped making them after 2 years tells enough about their market success.

I've never met somebody who owns one, which is probably because i tend to hang out with people who wakeboard instead of people who run around lakes and rivers at 70 mph.
Old     (mainelaker)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-09-2004, 3:49 PM Reply   
So Tom, like I said not to be a d**K but since you have never been in one your opinion is useless to me or anyone else who cares about this boat. But thanks for sharing your incredibly educated opinion of a product you never experienced. They stopped making them b/c it takes a month to make one.
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-09-2004, 4:26 PM Reply   
haha... they were never made with intents for production... The owner wanted a bigger boat to get around the lake quicker. They made the Tsunami. Advertised it so they could write it off... Then with no intensions to make more than one, they got some requests from buyers... so they made a few...
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-09-2004, 4:35 PM Reply   
Drivers are required to have a big beer belly and lots of gold chains.
Old     (michale)      Join Date: May 2004       08-10-2004, 8:22 AM Reply   
sign me up,i fit rite in.i have my MR. T starter kit and im ready
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       08-10-2004, 11:47 AM Reply   
From what I heard during the time we were Centurion promo people, the boat was kind of built for Rick Lee, the companies CEO, to use at his lake house in Tahoe(?). I don't think they ever sold too many. It went our of production after the '03 model year from what I hear. I'm guessing if you had the $$ and really wanted a boat, Centurion would probably put on together. It looked like a great wakesurf boat from what I have seen.
Old    whitechocolate            08-10-2004, 11:57 AM Reply   
I have been in and out in one, There are pretty cool IMO, but I like Gold Chains, and going 70 up the river. Tom Biggs has one TAbiggs, here on ww. He loves it. He says Its a great wakesurf boat. Its funny how people love to hate this boat for what ever reason. I can name about 20 other types of wakeboard boats that are way worse than any TSUNAMI, but to bash them would not be COOL. I do think it's cool how you can wakesurf and wakeboard in it and then go 60 MPH in rough water with it.
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-10-2004, 12:15 PM Reply   
Nick you got it!
Old    tabiggs            08-10-2004, 5:51 PM Reply   
I own a Tsunami 2003 and its honestly "not a cig boat with a tower". Although when you pass the single engine 29' Baja's all day long in a wakeboard boat, its quite amusing. Anyway, where I recreate in Austin on Lake Travis , I want a boat that can handle big chop, wakeboarding, wakesurfing, and a go boat to get places on a 65 mile huge lake. I owned a 2002 Centurion Typhoon and decided to upgrade because I liked the creative concept also. I am not going to get in a he said she said routine on this forum, I could care less if you dont like the boat? but I get inquiries about the boat every weekend about the make, concept, design, model, price, etc... My dealer keeps the boat on the showroom floor for demo purposes. There is nothing really like it out there. It is a good concept but I agree, not from an economics point of view; Price has kept the wakeboarding communities away.

.....but Nick and Alee are correct from what I have heard.

The boat is 30' long (doesnt Mastercraft make a 28' boat)?

I use it 30% of the time for wakeboarding and 70% for wakesurfing.

The I/O was choosen for high end speed but centered about 4-5 feet under the swin platform, desiged to more perfom like an v-drive at slow speeds.

The boat also has side steps which are circlular holes (molds) cut into the hull horizonally that give the boat the ability to plain out at low speeds.

P.S - I own plenty of gold chains (jk)

Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-10-2004, 7:45 PM Reply   
I meant no offense. I was just poking fun. I should have left this... :-)

Regarding these huge boats, they are WAY off my radar. I only go out in good water with a small crew to wakeboard/wakesurf all day long.
So, my preference is for an efficient wake production machine that holds 4 to 6 people in comfort.

Put the TOYOTA motor in the CC SAN hull with the BU VLX interior and I would be in HEAVEN.
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       08-11-2004, 1:04 AM Reply   
Why does everyone want the Toyota motor? The thing was a dog from every report I ever got.
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-11-2004, 2:06 AM Reply   
I rode behind a sacked Toyota at TWC. It ran great and sucked a lot less gas. The negative on the Toyota was that it was hard to sink. The hull was made for getting out of the water (skiing), so it took like 3000 lbs to build a wake like that from the SAN with 1800 to 2000 lbs. This was all my impression. Not very scientific.
Old    zboomer            08-11-2004, 6:04 AM Reply   
Hey Texas, I gotta say that Tsunami in your profile looks pretty killer on that triple-axle trailer, heh.

I don't make it down to Lake Austin that often (too many crazies) but maybe I'll spot you someday. I'd love to hear your stereo.
Old     (dmkhnr)      Join Date: Aug 2001       08-11-2004, 7:01 AM Reply   
Texas,
Your Centurion is awsome.
I live near Lake Tahoe, and have been interested in that 30'er since the day I heard about it. (my 22' is not good for a big water lake) Does that 30' include the swim platform?
Nice ride,
DK
Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-11-2004, 3:52 PM Reply   
whay brand and sterndrive model does it have??
Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-11-2004, 3:52 PM Reply   
what brand and sterndrive model does it have??
Old     (98_searay)      Join Date: May 2004       08-11-2004, 4:21 PM Reply   
i though that it was an inboard no an i/o but o well texas how much did you pay 4 it new?
-alex-
Old     (mainelaker)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-11-2004, 5:41 PM Reply   
It is a mercrusier, bravo I think.
Old     (bazel)      Join Date: Oct 2001       08-11-2004, 8:45 PM Reply   
Texas,

Could you post some pics of her?? I would like to see the interior and layout!!
Old     (dmkhnr)      Join Date: Aug 2001       08-11-2004, 9:07 PM Reply   
Another boat that was of similar idea was the 24' Mastercraft (I think it was a maristar)
It's a v-drive, has a cabin, and has the looks of a cigarette boat. I always thought this might be a good rough water boat also. I'll see if I can find one on boattrader and post a pic.
DK
Old     (512boarder)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-11-2004, 10:09 PM Reply   
hey texas did u get that from the little shop off of 620 in cedar park? they used to have one exactly like that. do you ever ride at mansfield dam when you are on travis? it is a pretty good spot on weekdays
Old    tabiggs            08-12-2004, 1:58 AM Reply   
I live in Houston so its hard to get to Mansfield during the week days. Anyway, here are some pics...

Old    oshensurfer            08-12-2004, 10:38 AM Reply   
Why does a 30 foot boat like that have less interior room than my Hurricane that's 10 feet shorter?

Nice system setup!

Don't you have some pics of the wakesurf wake? Someone on here does. It's like chest high.
Old     (fatsac)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-12-2004, 10:57 AM Reply   
I change my mind... that boat is sick. No dirt campin with the v-berth, big sundeck, swimstep... Now, if they just made a v-drive.
Nevermind, I couldn't afford to feed the gas anyway.
Old    tommyadrian5            08-12-2004, 2:27 PM Reply   
that boat sucks less gas than any of ours guaranteed
Old     (fatsac)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-12-2004, 2:45 PM Reply   
A big block compared to my 5.7... are you sure?
Old     (dmkhnr)      Join Date: Aug 2001       08-12-2004, 4:29 PM Reply   
Do you have to stand up to see over the bow on takeoff? I ask because it doesn't look like it has a drop down bolster drivers seat.
Old    tabiggs            08-12-2004, 5:04 PM Reply   
On Take off, you dont have to stand up unless you are wakesurfing, It has the new 496 HO Mercruiser, 435 HP and supports 2 gas tanks @ 45 gallons each, Wakesurfing will eat your gas but the new 496 is suppose to replace the older 502's with more HP and better gas mileage? It might get a little better gas mileage than the 5.7 but I am not exactly sure..

Here are a couple of wake pics...

Old    oshensurfer            08-12-2004, 5:28 PM Reply   
Dude, I bet the other wakeboard boats around when your wakesurfing hate you.
Old     (goodtime)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-17-2004, 10:21 PM Reply   
Dan..if your looking for a bigger Tahoe wakeboat, check out the X80 mastercraft, or some Cobalts, those are popular up there. These centurions are hard to find since not many were made.

also, some west coast builders put out some nice Vs with towers etc, swim steps and will mob over the chop.

hallettboats.com
Old    tommyadrian5            08-18-2004, 8:52 AM Reply   
I was saying gas mileage cruising because it has a much more efficient hull than any ski or wakeboard boat.
Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-18-2004, 10:53 AM Reply   
Tex that is the biggest surfing wake I have ever seen. Good grief that thing is huge...
Old     (airrantz)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-18-2004, 11:05 AM Reply   
I bet that wake attracts jet skiers like crazy