Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-25-2010, 7:59 AM Reply   
Thanks Wakemakers for helping come up with this simple idea....
It started as a way to run a way to fill a 750 Fly High sac pretty much anywhere in the boat off the original reversible pumps stock on my Supra. We plumbed in a 10' hose with a ball valve and it allows me to load a sac pretty much anywhere in the back 2/3's of the boat, but really will probably just use it in the side seats for surfing..... Well it morphed a bit as we realized that these pumps make a lot of pressure and after we used those high pressure water guns in a battle last week, I thought we would see how this does......
Now it serves as a ballast line and a mini fire hose..... Here are pics and thanks Wakemakers for helping. Those guys are awesome!
Attached Images

Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-25-2010, 8:07 AM Reply   
another pic
Attached Images

Old     (ajholt7)      Join Date: Apr 2009       06-25-2010, 8:29 AM Reply   
Lets see a pic of the stream
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-25-2010, 8:53 AM Reply   
HEhe, awesome!!

I gotta warn you though..... I have one of those chrome fire extinguishers you can refill with water & air pressure. It'll shoot a good stream of water like 40'. And water fights are a blast....... in a SeaRay or someone else's boat! Ever since I got a nicer inboard, I leave the thing at home because I don't want the boat getting blasted every time I turn around!
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-25-2010, 8:54 AM Reply   
Will do that when I get it on the water this weekend. I am gonna run one more ball valve to the regular bag to shut it off to increase the stream even more, but my guess is it will be as good as or better than a garden hose.
Old     (newty)      Join Date: May 2005       06-25-2010, 6:53 PM Reply   
I suppose your going to try it out on me after the short legs comment over on the sub thread!

Great idea... the hose anyway!
Old     (apwrx)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-25-2010, 9:28 PM Reply   
That just looks like stupid fun! Now look what you started, I think i'm going to fashion one up myself
Old     (mallenger)      Join Date: Jun 2006       09-26-2011, 12:17 PM Reply   
are there any photos of how this is plumbed at the ballast pumps? Have a materials list for this project? Thanks,
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-26-2011, 12:50 PM Reply   
Mallenger
It is very easy if you have the new ballast system (2009 and newer). Your boat is a 2010 right? If so, then you should have it. This was last years boat that I did this, but you simply cut the line on the intake hose right before one of the bags. Slip a ball valve T in there and with it closed your ballast will still perform normal. If you open it it will divert the water to the hose that I ran to a bag. I did a 10' hose so I could fill a bag anywhere in the boat. I then just put a fly high connection on the end and just snapped into bags or hooked to a hose nozzle.
It really is simple...
You will have to program your fill switch to go longer than 4 minutes, but that is also easy.
Old     (mallenger)      Join Date: Jun 2006       09-26-2011, 1:57 PM Reply   
ok cool. I'm having a hard time finding a ball valved T... is it 3/4"x3/4"x3/4". Do you use 1" hose with that? Thanks,
Old     (OneMoreSet)      Join Date: Aug 2011       09-26-2011, 2:43 PM Reply   
Whats the difference with the new (2009 and newer) supra ballast systems?

Did they get rid of the 1main pump and sprinkler valves? What did they go with?

Cheers
Old     (iliketowakealot)      Join Date: May 2011       09-26-2011, 4:15 PM Reply   
Very nice. Although, I would never use water to put out an engine fire. Water would do a lot more damage than a fire extingisher.

Does it double as a kegerator?
Old     (mallenger)      Join Date: Jun 2006       09-27-2011, 12:37 PM Reply   
the only thing i'm looking to do with this setup is to fill non-factory ballast.