Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 21, 2003

Old    tyerone44            05-04-2003, 10:17 PM Reply   
I own a 1990 MS 190, is it possible for me to add a pp to my boat, and is relly worth the money. if someone could drop me a little info I would appreciate it. Thanks
Old     (troyl)      Join Date: Feb 2002       05-04-2003, 10:28 PM Reply   
I put it on my 1994 snob and it is the best addition ever added to the boat. I cant imagine ever owning a boat without it now. I probably am now loosing my touch to drive a boat without PP. It takes the chore out of driving a loaded boat, or in my case OVERLOADED.
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-04-2003, 10:32 PM Reply   
It is the best addition to ANY boat.
1) wake consistency
2) pull consistency
3) driver stress
4) crew safety

#1 helps prevent injuries.
#3 helps prevent divorces.
Old    xtigeman            05-04-2003, 10:58 PM Reply   
Yes.
Old     (h20jnky)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-04-2003, 11:59 PM Reply   
Yes.

Perfect Pass is uncanny in its ability to promote:

fuel economy
driver consistency
rider happiness
spouse relations
wake shape
resale value
you get the picture.......

You have nothing to lose but complaints!

Buy it now!

(Message edited by h20jnky on May 05, 2003)
Old     (98air)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-05-2003, 12:40 AM Reply   
I got the wakeboard cruise and if you don't wanna spend all the cash for the bells and whistles...get the cruise. You can't hear the engine speed up or slow down 'cause it's soooo bad! You can put perfect pass on any boat with carb or efi. www.eberts.com for the best deal
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-05-2003, 1:19 AM Reply   
even I/O's and hell yes its worth it!
Old    daveyboy            05-05-2003, 4:25 AM Reply   
I have only used the pro models. How do you set the speed and adjust speed with the wakeboard cruise? Do you wait till you hit the speed and hit a button of does it hold the right preset for every pull?
Old     (ndh2o)      Join Date: Oct 2001       05-05-2003, 5:50 AM Reply   
I will say that it is the best money I have spent on my boat. And yes it will work great on a 90 MC 190, I have WB Pro on my 88 190.
Old    jmccallum            05-05-2003, 6:22 AM Reply   
I have an 18' I/O

Should I go with a four blade first or PP first?
Old    arlanj            05-05-2003, 6:40 AM Reply   
Get the PP. I got the Wakeboard Cruise for my I/O last summer. Works great. For the first time I got a good pull, one speed, consistant wake. No yelling at the wife unit. The Cruise model does remember the speed. If I don't turn off the motor, it will lock in automatically. If I turn off the motor, I push the 2 buttons, and it will lock on to the same speed. Even between trips to the lake. It is worth the $.
Old     (sid7)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-05-2003, 6:44 AM Reply   
how much is just the wakeboard cruise??
Old    daveyboy            05-05-2003, 9:06 AM Reply   
Potter, Does it show you the speed or do you wait to push a button once the speed is right?
Old    jmccallum            05-05-2003, 9:12 AM Reply   
Is the cruise rpm based?

A lot of other threads talked about the speed base PP being far better for Wakeboarding.
Old    jdr            05-05-2003, 9:32 AM Reply   
There are two Cruise models available. Get the Wakeboard Cruise, it is speed based and comes with a paddlewheel. For what it's worth, we've been using the WB cruise for a little over a year now. It performs its job of holding a consistent speed perfectly. However, I wish we had the WB Pro, it is more user friendly.
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-05-2003, 9:34 AM Reply   
Dave, the cruise does not show you the speed, but you have a speedo.. Who cares what the speedo reads anyway? As long as the boarder is comfy with the speed that's all that matters.

James, The cruise is speed based.

Get it! I would pick a PP over a tower if I were given the choice of only one of the two.

B-
Old    arlanj            05-05-2003, 9:38 AM Reply   
The WB Cruise is about $525.00? at eberts.

You set it once and it is set for life, unless you want to set it again.

The WB Cruise is similar to a car cruise. You get to the desired speed(we measure by the boat speedo) and push the button to lock it in. Then when you pull back on the throttle is lets loose. When you speed back up it locks in when you reach the correct speed. It is different than a car in that it automatically locks back in when you speed back up. You do not have to hit the resume, just speed up and the Cruise takes over when you get close to the preset speed.

The Cruise model does not have a readout. I have my boat speedo for that.

The only time you have to hit resume is if you turn off the motor and start again. Becomes part of your routine.

1 Start engine
2 Hit PP start button
3 Hit Resume button

START-TAP-TAP That is it.

Then pull your boarder and the PP takes over when you reach your speed.

You can also change the speed on the fly by hitting the button. Each button push either increases or decreases the speed by 1/4 mph.

It is paddle-wheel based, which is the only way to go.

(Message edited by arlanj on May 05, 2003)
Old     (oldboarder)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-05-2003, 9:49 AM Reply   
After seven years of getting frustrated with my wife (who is a good boat driver), I made sure that I got PP on our new boat. Anybody can drive now, and we love each other a little more. PP is absolutely the best wakeboarding investment I've made.
Old    tyerone44            05-05-2003, 9:50 AM Reply   
wow! not one bad thing to say about it. that is really convincing to me. and it may also save my mariage down the raod, it will be my next investement for sure. thanks everyone.
Old    daveyboy            05-05-2003, 11:16 AM Reply   
Can I pull pp off one boat and install it on a different make or do you modify it to fit the boat. I already figure I would have to plate off the hole from the paddle wheel. any servo modifications or anything like that?
Old    chris_hargis            05-05-2003, 12:04 PM Reply   
Anyone ever hear of using it on an outboard?
Old    arlanj            05-05-2003, 12:17 PM Reply   
Dave, You could probably just get another thru- hull grommet and blank plug from PP and leave the old grommet and plug in the old boat. Other than that the servo will go on any boat.
Old    sprucie            05-05-2003, 4:25 PM Reply   
It is definitely worth it. Especially if your significant other wife/girlfriend is doing the driving.
Old    sub_zero            05-05-2003, 4:56 PM Reply   
With the Wakeboard Pro it has the digital readout, right? How do you calibrate it, or does it ever need tob be calibrated. I never know if my speedos are right or not.
Old    daveyboy            05-05-2003, 5:13 PM Reply   
Does eberts have a web site?
Old     (mattman5000)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-05-2003, 7:28 PM Reply   
It is elberts, not eberts.

http://www.elberts.com
Old    sub_zero            05-05-2003, 8:17 PM Reply   
I called a buddy of mine who sells Perfect Pass. The price he quoted me for a Wakeboard Pro was $1299 CND. That's about $866 USD. I didn't think to get a price for the Wakeboard Cruise. That's less than I thought it would be compaired to other prices I've seen.
Old    jmccallum            05-06-2003, 7:08 AM Reply   
Terry H,
PP in Canada eh? That would be nice to avoid the boarder!

If I put PP in my boat, I'm afraid my mushroom (soon to be made into a scoop) intake for my ballast will cause problems. Any experiences?

Old    sub_zero            05-06-2003, 7:52 AM Reply   
I'm told that can be a huge problem. The water must be clean where you mount the paddle wheel. If you can, I think a better location would be beside your scoop. Better yet, call or email PP with your great drawing (how do you do that?). Ph.(902) 468-2150. email: randy@perfectpass.com
Great guys!

From the info I have gathered, I think the wakeboard pro will be better for me. I have a big boat (Maristar 225VRS) and will have abt. 1500# of ballast. The Pro has a feature where you can adjust the quickness of throttle response depending on how the boat is weighted that day (DDW factor). The wakeboard cruise doesn't have that feature, so if you were more loaded one day than the next the throttle would respons quicker or slower.
Now you know all I do:-)
Old    jmccallum            05-06-2003, 8:06 AM Reply   
I use VISO for diagrams. It's the best by far!

I save the diagrams as *.gif's; gif makes small and clear with sharper edges than jpeg!
Old    kmc            05-06-2003, 8:14 AM Reply   
Ah yes James. Visio is the poor man's CAD. I do most of my design work with it.
Old    jmccallum            05-06-2003, 8:21 AM Reply   
Yup, yup, yup

We are a Pro/E shop (25 seats) with a little AutoCAD for old stuff or customer drawings etc.

But diagrams go in VISO.

P.S. I've never figure out how to get the scale stuff to work quite right. I'm always a little nervous with VISO trying to do things to scale and bail out to Pro/E or AutoCAD. What's am I missing with VISO?

Old    kmc            05-08-2003, 8:39 AM Reply   
James, if you go into the page setup, there are a number of ways you can scale your drawings. If you use the architectural settings to, say, make 1 inch equal 1 foot then you can get 8.5 x 11 feet out of a standard sheet of paper. I used this to design my drawings for the wakeskate, custom board racks & every construction project I have done around the house. The only drawback I have with Visio is the ability to draw portions of a radius that isn't in increments of 90 degrees & doing elliptical arcs.
Try the page settings for scaling & see if that helps.
Old     (jroyal)      Join Date: Jan 2003       05-08-2003, 9:03 AM Reply   
Sorry to go off subject but had to add my compliments of Visio as well. We use it to draw litigation exhibits because it's such a great program. However, believe it or not, I just completed plans for a lake house using Visio. I've got like 12 sheets of 24" x 36" drawings to scale.
Old    jbelson            05-09-2003, 4:49 PM Reply   
Um, I never even considered getting PP before. But after this thread, and teaching my girlfriend how to pull a boarder, thats next on the list.
Old    swass            05-09-2003, 4:51 PM Reply   
Visio is the bane of my existence! Carry on.
Old    swass            05-09-2003, 8:06 PM Reply   
That's plenty of distance apart to have clean water again, especially since they're not in line.
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-11-2003, 8:07 PM Reply   
You want the paddle wheel where there is no turbulance from the water this is usually midship between the strakes on the bottom of the boat. Being that you will be drilling a large hole, I would double and tripple check with a dealer on the best location for the paddle wheel. The install instructions are very specific about where to put it.