Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 20, 2005

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (mvda)      Join Date: Dec 2002       08-18-2005, 11:12 AM Reply   
Hey Folks,
As most of you know, some airlines feel they can clump wakeboards in with surfboards and charge us to check them. United, for example, has a policy of charging $80 each way for wakeboards, even though snowboards and waterskis are free. Please take a couple of minutes to e-mail customer relations regarding this policy so that we don't have to continue dealing with this crap. You can send a comment through the link below.

http://www.united.com/page/specialpage/0,1451,2076,00.html?navSource=Customer+relations&l inkTitle=Email+customer+relations

Below is what I wrote to them. Feel free to plagarize.

RE: Baggage Policy, Wakeboards

To Whom It May Concern,

After booking a flight on United Airlines, I have discovered that United has a policy of charging $80 each way for checking wakeboards. This policy is misguided and unfair. Wakeboards are similar in size, shape, weight and durability to water skis and snowboards, for which United does not charge. Wakeboards are not comparable to surfboards and should not be put in the same category for which a charge is assessed.

American Airlines has already made an exception in its Baggage Policy for wakeboards and I would hope that United Airlines does the same. I will avoid booking flights on United and will encourage all fellow wakeboarders to do the same until such policy is changed. I look forward to your response and hope for a quick resolution to this issue.

Regards,

Matt Von der Ahe

Thanks for the help.
-Matt