Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 22, 2006

Old     (pureblue)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-06-2006, 7:50 AM Reply   
I am looking to pick up a new board pretty soon here. I have been looking at the jstar boards. I am wanting something that is a little easier to break free. I currently am riding an 01 byerly. Also, I think I would like to try a continous rocker board that is still aggressive. Any suggestions on jstar or other board companies?
Old     (partydock17)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-06-2006, 9:31 AM Reply   
Hey Luke,

I have rode a couple of the J-Star boards.

We demo rode the Titan and the Conformity.
http://www.wakeworld.com/getcompany.asp?companyid=560&type=1

Those both have the cont. rocker.

The conformity felt like it was a little easier to break free with to me.
It gave me a solid ride with lots of distance.
The landings wern't pillow soft, but they were way softer than my old Harris.

I really liked how the Titan had the ABS sidewalls.
Im really going to try to hit more sliders at the park this summer so that ABs stuff ould come in handy. Very soft landings...

I have not rode the Titan, but I have heard nothing but good reviews about it.

Danny T.
WWW.OKCBoardShop.COM
WWW.WakeboardOklahoma.COM
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       05-06-2006, 10:19 AM Reply   
Check out the CWB Marius it has continuous rocker as well. It also has a dual spine so it lands like butter. Great Great board I would demo it for shure.
Old     (pureblue)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-06-2006, 10:32 AM Reply   
Problem is that I am in Nebraska. There arent really any board shops. There is a scheels but they say they dont let you demo. I would have to buy it and then return it if I didnt want it, loosing like 100 bucks. The only other board shop I have seen, doesnt seem to really carry alot of wake stuff. They have old boards and bindings from last year everytime I go in there. It's weird that there isnt more support since wakeboarding has a fairly big community in these parts.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       05-06-2006, 10:41 AM Reply   
Well if you cant demo then I am shure that other riders on this site will recommed boards as well, but without demoing its hard to say if you will like any board, all riders are different and like different things about how a board rides. Good luck to ya. Get on www.ridecwb.com and read up on the Marius its a one of a kind board.
Old     (pureblue)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-06-2006, 10:44 AM Reply   
Thanks jeff, I have been looking at the Marius. I wish I could demo. You are right about people liking different things. Asking people about what they think about a board is like asking someone if they like dark chocolate so you can decide if you like it also :-). Just keep up the info for me everyone. Thanks
Old    ldp            05-09-2006, 7:09 PM Reply   
Luke, I have the Titan and I absolutely love it. It's fast and has great pop. Not as much pop as a three-stage board but very close. The landings are super soft. I ride it without the center fin and find it easy to break the board free. Of course this is all a matter of opinion. I have always ridden a three-stage board but because of age and a couple of bad knees I needed something with softer landings and good pop. And this board has fit the bill.
Old     (pureblue)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-09-2006, 8:10 PM Reply   
Thanks ryan, the titan does look nice. Anyone know how the titan would compare to the conformity? I have been looking at the conformity pretty seriously. But, the titan is a close second followed by the empire. I havent heard many reviews on these, so any info is greatly appreciated.