Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 01, 2004

Old    pondking            07-02-2004, 10:21 PM Reply   
Looking for your opinions on solid X over boats. I'm considering Air Nautique and Sunsetter LX. Happy to hear other suggestions unless it is Sessions.
Old     (mac_attack)      Join Date: Oct 2003       07-02-2004, 10:40 PM Reply   
I like to cross over from x2's to Super Air's!!

There are many great choices out there!! Hope you find the right boat!!
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-03-2004, 12:12 AM Reply   
My next boat will either be a Malibu Sunsetter LXI or a Sunscape 21 LSV. My current 1995 Ski Nautique is a pretty good crossover with 1100 lbs of automatic ballast plus a couple sandbags on the platform. I am interested in a bigger boat that won't take water over the front and back.
Old    pondking            07-03-2004, 5:42 PM Reply   
For clarification on X-over.... I need a boat that can slalom well and then load up the ballast for a nice itermediate wakeboard wake for Basic raleys, limited inverts and progression from there. So good for skiing and wakeboarding, but not in that order.

Thanks, I value the opinions on this site.
Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-03-2004, 6:49 PM Reply   
Toyotas have a decent ski wake and a rampy large wakeboard wake. They have great speed control because of the fly by wire throttle. Plus they use 61% less gas. BUT they don't make them anymore so if you wanna buy new, then...
Old     (mujibur)      Join Date: May 2002       07-03-2004, 8:24 PM Reply   
Look at the Supra Sunsport/Original Launch/Launch S
Old    hoochie657            07-04-2004, 10:53 PM Reply   
we have a 1995 ski cenutrion bob laPointe ed. great slalom boat and a pretty good wakeboard wake when loaded up with weight
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       07-05-2004, 6:32 AM Reply   
Tige! I think you'll appreciate what the TAPS does for making the wake very nice for slaloming. I was looking for the same thing when I bought my 21V. The Wakeboard bug has since bitten me and I rarely ski, but its good to know I can dial my wake down with the touch of a button, even on the fly. Check out tige.com. I've had guys do nearly every trick behind my boat unweighted.
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       07-05-2004, 8:06 AM Reply   
Sunsetter LXi (edge slalom)
MC X-9 (edge wakeboard)
Response LXi (edge slalom)
Nautique Air 206 (edge slalom)
Centurion Eclipse LaPoint (edge slalom)

These are the boats I have experience with crossing over. We have a LaPoint promo and weighted it can kick a decent wakeboard wake and I use it for slalom training every day. It is for sale.
Old    svfara            07-06-2004, 7:05 AM Reply   
I have been VERY happy with my my SVFARA SV609.
It does both slalom and wakeboarding very good.
Nice wake with factory ballast (enough for basic inverts etc...) If you want to add sacs you can really kick the wake up nice. It's a pretty small boat, but for me that was a plus.

Good luck with the search
Old    steveb7            07-06-2004, 7:30 AM Reply   
I would go with a sunscape 21 same hull as what we have and it skis great over 30 mph suffers at slower speeds but the v drive room is unbeatable with a direct drive. Neighbor has a launch direct drive which does bot great, but the direct drive gets cramped with a few people and boards
Old     (wakeme884)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-17-2004, 1:30 PM Reply   
I have a 20' reinell w/tower. its good, but....Id rather go w/ a wakesetter w/auto ballast-smoother and taller wake. Is there any wakeboard boat with a forward facing front (passenger) seat as opposed to the standard wrap around?
Old     (ccraftskierfan)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-17-2004, 4:11 PM Reply   
I have a DD Wakesetter with the wedge, MLS center ballast tank, a a 340 hp Monsoon. Great boat for both wakeboarding and slalom skiing. Price is right also, you can have a brand new one for about 30k.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-17-2004, 7:16 PM Reply   
i've got a wakesetter lxi for sale!
Old     (512boarder)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-17-2004, 8:10 PM Reply   
a wake setter would probably be a great idea for both becasue it does come with center ballast stock and so if you wanted to slaloam you could just pull up that wedge and fill the front center sack only and probably have a great slaloam wake. but then to go to wakeboarding, just put the wedge down and fill up the rest of the sacks and you have a great wakeboarding wake.
Old    heavywake            07-17-2004, 8:48 PM Reply   
Wakesetter 23 or 21 xti boat of the year 3 years in a row or something like that.
Old    malibu_stacey            07-20-2004, 6:50 PM Reply   
Response LX is what I use for wakeboarding full time. I dont ski or foot, but it throws an awesome wake when loaded and a soft flat wash for skiing.

That said though I pick up a 2003 SAN in two weeks
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-20-2004, 7:13 PM Reply   
i have the response also. I think you will be happy with a malibu because of the wedge. It doesnt really make the wake bigger, just more rampy. Get a malibu with the MLS and wedge. That way you can do both. The tige is also a good choice with the taps system.
Old     (ccraftskierfan)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-20-2004, 7:17 PM Reply   
The Response use the SV23 diamond hull design (the tournament ski boats). The Wakesetter and Wakesetter XTI use the SV23 Wake hull design.
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       07-20-2004, 7:22 PM Reply   
It's actually just the SV23 and the SV23 Diamond. The SV23 is not a "wake" hull, it was just the original SV23 hull design.