Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2006

Old     (kenteck)      Join Date: Jan 2005       08-06-2006, 12:58 PM Reply   
Anybody any good ideas for hanging life jackets in your garage, I have like 10 jackets and they seem to end up everywhere in the garage.
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-06-2006, 1:07 PM Reply   
I want to know the same thing. Like...racks for life jackets.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-06-2006, 1:42 PM Reply   
We just tie a string across something, and then hang them off hangers. its simple and gets the job done.
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       08-06-2006, 3:29 PM Reply   
I keep my life jacket, wetsuits/drysuits and BCD hanging in my closet, but why not just use a wooden dowel, mounted somewhere in the garage? Go visit Home Depot, Lowes, or whatever hardware store is local and pick up some of the shelf dowel hangers plus screws and the dowel itself. Tools needed: Philips or square drive screw driver (Drill driver does work better for the longer screws needed) and possibly a hand saw of most any kind.

Many people even have it set up, so with their boat in the garage, they can just reach out and hang the stuff up or put it back into the boat.
Old     (stevev210)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-06-2006, 4:09 PM Reply   
I bought a composite pole at Home Depot and a couple rod brackets. This is only 3ft long and is up in the corner of my garage. I put 8 jackets on it but it could hold more if needed. Only took about 15 minutes to put up and is really convenient.Upload
Upload
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       08-06-2006, 5:30 PM Reply   
In my garage I rigged up a bar to hang plastic hangers for the jackets. I use the thick white plastic hangers that can handle a wet lifejacket. They dry without molding and they stay in form.
Old     (load)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-06-2006, 5:41 PM Reply   
I have the same as Steve. Everything in one place when you are ready to go again.
Old     (surfnfury65)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-06-2006, 7:02 PM Reply   
Here is mine. I got the one with the shelf on the top. It has extra room to store my anchor and what ever else...say Easter baskets. I hang everthing. Life jackets, wetsuits, booties, ropes etc...It doesn't usually look that messy.
J$
Upload
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-07-2006, 6:51 AM Reply   
I have a pretty big attic area in the garage with a pull-down ladder. I attached a wooden rod to the trusses and that is where I hang everything. It is so hot and dry up there, everything dries in just a few hours.

(Message edited by byrd on August 07, 2006)
Old     (ss1234)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-07-2006, 10:44 AM Reply   
A more ghetto approach....10' piece of conduit with a rope through it. Each end of the rope tied the garage rafters. Cheap, quick, and l0' is lots of room for hanging stuff.
Old     (lcky275)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-07-2006, 11:41 AM Reply   
Mine hangs on my squat rack and olympic bar...