Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 12, 2006

Old     (foxrepdc)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-15-2006, 8:22 AM Reply   
Just wondering if anyone else has had the dis-pleasure of some summer funk too!?! I've seemed to have been surrounded by sick puppies the last few weeks, colds, viruses and now I got some crap. I haven't been in the water all week, hoping it would clear up, but it's not, and it sucks, and I'm going riding today!! Summer colds SUCK!!!

It's summer you un-healthy bastards! Stay away from wakeboarders if you're sick!! That's what winter is for!

Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-15-2006, 8:32 PM Reply   
Yep. Someone at work gave me a bad head cold about 3 weeks ago. Then it moved into my chest and I've had a weird chest cold thing going on for 3 weeks now. It SUCKS! But I'm riding Sunday.
Old     (jhgsupra)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-16-2006, 2:21 AM Reply   
Yep, for the last 10 days or so and its been one of the worst I've had in quite some time. In the Navy we call it "The Crud". Like you I plan on riding, in fact we're going this morning!
Old     (melanie_g)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-16-2006, 5:17 AM Reply   
I hear ya! After coming back from the freezing artic temperatures of Minnesota, I have an upper respiratory infection and an ear infection...in both ears.
Old     (foxrepdc)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-16-2006, 7:14 AM Reply   
Rode last night.....feel better today! I've been mixing Dayquil, Tylonol Cold and Flu, Musinex, and drinking a ton of water everyday this week. Seems like everyone around me here in the Dirty South is sick right now! Yuck! I'm glad it seems to be getting better.....nothing worse than being sick with temps in the 90's!

Hope everyone feels better......let's just Grin and Board it!!
Old     (lakeguy77)      Join Date: May 2002       06-16-2006, 7:28 AM Reply   
couple weeks I was down & out with the flu, was brutal. Cleared up that Friday afternoon, Saturday afternoon I was pullin on the board for the first time this year in 59* water. Smart? Not really. But a man's gotta do....
Old     (gb_rider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       06-16-2006, 9:42 AM Reply   
Hey all you sick people. I feel for you. Good thing a great new product is sponsoring the Pro wakeboard tour. g3/pharmanex is now at every tour stop this season promoting the g3 super fruit juice. The stuff is good and good for you, loaded with all the right vitamins it can help fight off that cold befor it even comes your way.

So check out the g3 booth at all the PWT and King of wake events. Or get back to me and I'll tell you more about it.

The g3 booth in Minneapolis went off this past weekend. A lot of the People behind it are riders. Charley Patterson, Chris Bischoff, Josh Sanders, Nick Weinacker, Ryan Wolf and the list goes on.
Old     (foxrepdc)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-16-2006, 10:47 AM Reply   
Tommy.....nah not smart, but we're all guilty. My thinking is....."Hell I'm already sick! What's the worst that could happen?"

Is G3 available in stores yet.....or only drop-shipped samples to WW people and industry folks?
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-16-2006, 12:06 PM Reply   
I dont know whats going on, but this year my sinuses are going crazy. I am sneezing and blowing my nose everytime I go outside or get near an animal. I have never been like this before.
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-16-2006, 1:59 PM Reply   
yeah it seems like i got allergies this year after the first time i went wakeboarding in cold water, i seem to be alright now though.
Old     (gb_rider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       06-16-2006, 8:05 PM Reply   
FoxrepDC - The g3 is only sold through distributors right now. Are you the Fox Rep?

g3 is going to be huge in the wake/action sports industry. I know everyone will hear a lot more about it now that there is a booth at all the upcoming tour stops.

Travis Pastrana, Kenny Bartram, Andy Bell, Fuzzy Hall, Josh sanders, Nick Weinacker, Ryan Wolf, Charley Patterson, Athletes in wake, skate, snow, moto and other sports are all jumping onboard for this.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-17-2006, 12:20 PM Reply   
what leo said, and its NOT going away.....sick of it.
Old     (wake_boarder49)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-17-2006, 3:38 PM Reply   
I read somewheres that this year has been the worst for allergies in a long, long time. Theres this shot you can get called a Kenalogg (sp?) shot that helps soo much. I got it last year and this year and within a few days you should be all cleared up and it last for around 2 months.
Old     (leykis1o1)      Join Date: May 2005       06-19-2006, 11:40 PM Reply   
yes im battling one right now..it hit me all of a sudden like whammmm..
Old     (foxrepdc)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-20-2006, 5:27 AM Reply   
"My thinking is....."Hell I'm already sick! What's the worst that could happen?"

What a stupid comment! Rode last week, and Friday night I got hammered by a 104.2 fever...sick as a DOG all weekend! One of my daughters has pneumonia, and I may have a "walking" case. heading to the doctor today....still coughing and feverish, with a headache from hell. It's not allergic, or a virus....it's bacterial. DO NOT get in the water if you feel "flu-like" symptoms this time of year....see a doctor. A 104 fever can land you in the hospital quick! Don't take the chance. I've NEVER been sick in June and this is certainly NOT what I had in mind for Father's Day weekend!

Holmes...I just left Fox earlier this year.
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       06-20-2006, 6:29 AM Reply   
I got one better.

I got married last weekend and my wife woke up at 1am with the flu. She puked all morning long on thursday but somehow managed to make it through the ceremony on Saturday.
Weddings are stressful enough on girls with out them being sick on top of everything else.
Old     (bfa)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-20-2006, 7:59 AM Reply   
Try "Airborne" it really works. I can't buy it in Canada but I stock up everytime I go to the States.
Works for hangovers too.
Old     (foxrepdc)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-20-2006, 12:01 PM Reply   
Just got in from the doctor, and it's official...I have pneumonia! Sucks real bad too.....like being ran over buy your tow vehicle..over and over! If you have a wet cough and feel achy....better stay off the board a few days. Now I'm 10 days out....BUT should be good by the 4th Holiday!