Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 14, 2005

Old     (akdoc)      Join Date: Feb 2004       01-02-2005, 1:57 PM Reply   
I have searched previous posts and there are some conflicting opinions about the Evid's. It seems like if you run the correct amount of power to them they sound good. To all those that have evids on their tower, how do they sound?

I know that the MB quarts are car audio based and don't project the sound as far, but I have 1 set of boston acoustics components on the tower now and we can hear them while riding pretty well. Those of you with the MBQ RCE 216 speakers how does your setup sound?

Both options will end up costing nearly the same amount of money, just don't which is best.

Should I go for the 2 sets of MBQ RCE 216 or the Evid 6.2's???
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       01-02-2005, 6:29 PM Reply   
The choice for me was easy. The Evid's are designed for stadium use outside in the elements. They are light, efficient and relatively cheap from www.audioallies.com, adding clamps from Raul/Precision Metal Works. Mine were on top of a Monster Tower. It was a good economical setup on the boat I just sold. I feel the sound was about the same as most 4 - 6x9 systems.

My next boat will likely have something from NVS up on the tower. I wouldn't consider a car stereo based setup.

Mike

95 SN evids
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       01-03-2005, 6:55 AM Reply   
Totally agree with Mike, if sound to the rider is what your after the EVID's will perform better than the MB's.(Although, I've never heard that particular 6.5, I have heard 4 and 6 6.5 set-ups) I was very please with mine, but wanted more and recently jumped to the NVS. By far the best. Even with the EVID's properly powered you'll still be listening to the higher frequencies at the rider. But for the price the EVID's can't be beat. I'm still waiting for someone to take the components out of the EVID's and put them in a better looking enclosure.
Old     (wake_pop)      Join Date: Jul 2004       01-06-2005, 6:34 AM Reply   
Love my Evids. Loud and clear at the end of the rope. I don't think you can beat them for the money. That being said, I'll echo Mike and Adam's sentiments- I'll probably go NVS on my next boat, budget permitting!