Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 30, 2004

Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       09-29-2004, 11:41 AM Reply   
I just thought that I would share my warranty story I have about Hyperltie. I've been riding a 2001 Premier for the past 4 years, but had my inserts rip out a few weeks ago. I sent it to Hyperlite thinking that maybe just maybe they would consider replacing my board...possibly with an '04 Era or something.

Well, I got a call from our local shop here to tell me that my new 2005 Premier DNA was in!!! Sweet! By the way, my 2001 was a Biolite and obvious beat up after riding on it for 4 years. I had also been wanting to change shapes to the new Premier so this worked out perfectly.

Hats off to Hyperlite for stepping it up and satisfying their customer. Say what you want about them, but my experience with them (especially warranty wise) has been unmatched.

Just thought I would share.
Old     (flux)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-29-2004, 11:52 AM Reply   
I sent back my 03 Byerly boots because they were beat up and the overlays were tearing. They fixed everything on them and upgraded the Boa's. Cost me nothing, but it took 3 weeks. I had even called them to find out the turn around, they were curteous and helpful all the way.

People rip Hyperlite because they are the "big" company. I understand there is a ton of great product out there by lot's of smaller companies and some day I will try those out too. When I bought my gear, Hyperlite was what my local shop featured and I want to support my local shop, so I went that direction. Now they have CWB, LF, & Gator, so I will demo next time I am in the market.

I am sure there are some bad experiences, but every company has them. Thus far my experience is good too.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-29-2004, 11:55 AM Reply   
Wow that's quite a warranty story, for something that was out of warranty. Sounds like your local shop may have played a roll in this. Maybe the hook up was from them?
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       09-29-2004, 12:21 PM Reply   
It's possible that the local shop could have played a role in it, but I seriously doubt it. I didn't even buy it from them, but it was very nice of them to send it back for me. I will definitely give them some business in the future.

I really didn't know what to expect but I was pleasantly surprised. I just always wondered how they decide what to give you. I figured I would be getting an Era since it was the same shape as my old board, but I was cool with it since I wanted to get the new shape of the Premier anyway.
Old     (jbjboc)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-29-2004, 3:06 PM Reply   
Hyperlite has been rebuilding my Belmonts for a few years (like everyone elses). Although it sux having the bindings rip apart, at least they've stood behind thier product!
Old    hyp3rl1t3            09-29-2004, 5:13 PM Reply   
Did you just have your local shop send it in for you? I need to send my board in so I was wondering if I should do it myself or have the shop do it.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-29-2004, 5:47 PM Reply   
It was'nt out of warranty. The warranty is lifetime on boards and bindings. Just keep in mind that selling price is affected by the amount of warranty claims. You are paying for the warranty when you buy the gear. So use good judgement before asking that something be repaired or replaced that you've got plenty of use out of.