Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 25, 2006

Old     (tws_andrew)      Join Date: May 2004       03-26-2006, 7:37 PM Reply   
Myself and a business associate are looking for a camp where we won't be double the age of everyone else at 30. Looking for spring or early summer. We live out West but anywhere is fine. Looking for a 3/4 dayer. Let me know if you have any recommendations. Thanks
Old     (bflat53212)      Join Date: Mar 2003       03-27-2006, 5:49 AM Reply   
Hey Andrew, I think anywhere you go there is going to be the potential of you being on the older side of the customers, it's just the nature of our sport. However, depending on what part of the country you are looking http://www.otownwatersports.com is a great place to go for an older person. You are close to downtown and a host of other things are within walking distance(restaurants, movies, shopping). The accommodations are nice and the clientele, in my opinion, skews older.
Old     (rockledge)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-27-2006, 6:52 AM Reply   
Hey

You are 5 years younger than me! I've hit quite a few places and have reviewed them at my website. The place that had the oldest crowd of them all was the Wakeboard Camp (I went the first week of October, so school was in). If you want to have an older crowd, go when school is in session. Most of the camps I attended all had stories of weeks during the summer filled with kids 15 and younger. That sounds like hell to me.

Links to my reviews:

http://www.dcwake.com/content/view/60/34/

http://www.dcwake.com/content/view/65/34/

Good luck.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-27-2006, 7:07 AM Reply   
actually West Coast Camps offers a few weeks especially for us older rider. Check them out at www.westcoastcamps.com
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-27-2006, 7:15 AM Reply   
Come on out to www.DeltaWakeboardCamp.com. We will have camps set up especially for the "older" guys. We have a very nice houseboat, an island campsight an we will also have a few sliders (if your not to old). Email me when you might want to come.
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-27-2006, 8:57 AM Reply   
If you'd double their age, try tripling it. I'm taking my son this summer. My wife didn't want him to go alone, so she's forcing meto go. Here's the link, http://cobleskischool.com/, they teach everything from skiing to wakeboarding. Their supposed to have 10 private lakes I think. The good part is that the only ones on the boat during your sets are you, the instructor and the driver.
Old    buckettim            03-27-2006, 10:26 AM Reply   
Andrew where are you located, Are you in Cali....
Old     (scws)      Join Date: Sep 2004       03-27-2006, 10:35 AM Reply   
And you can't forget Brent Baum at

www.socalwakeboardinstruction.com

Low key setting and a knack for making us old guys feel comfortable.

Josh
Old     (mike_schwenne)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-27-2006, 4:34 PM Reply   
Yeah, our first two weeks are specifically geared towards adults. Session #1 will be the most mellow of all sessions thoughout the summer.
http://westcoastcamps.com/dates.htm
Mike Schwenne
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-22-2006, 2:57 PM Reply   
Andrew, I train with Brent Baum of www.socalwakeboardinstruction.com and spend a week with Mike Schwenne at his www.westcoastcamps.com. I recommend both of these. You can go to Schwennes camp for a week then come to SoCal for private instruction. Brent has customers from other states fly or drive down to train with him. I have the best of both worlds
Old     (wellsrts)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-22-2006, 6:45 PM Reply   
check out ridethespot.net for sure man. They offer killer accomodations and keep the student load to a 4-6 max so you get a lot of time to yourself to ride and relax.
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-22-2006, 9:37 PM Reply   
Schwenne keeps his to 4 or 5 per boat and you live on a houseboat all week. Awesome food too. Makes for a GREAT week of wakeboard training and vacation all in one package. Four of us the second session are from 35 to 55 years old.
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-22-2006, 9:40 PM Reply   
Brent Baum trains all ages too and you can go for as many or as few days as you want. He gives you all the time you need or want to ride. He is very patient and knowledgeable and you have a lot of fun. Good luck
Old     (bgame)      Join Date: Nov 2003       04-23-2006, 5:25 PM Reply   
Andrew, I was at the Boarding School in March. All six of us that were there are around 30 y/o. Two of them are from Cali. Shaun,Travis,and Kyle were super nice guys. You will learn alot and have alot of fun too!! They are all about what you want to do. I would highly recommend the Boarding School. I know I will go back. Good Luck!!