Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 14, 2005

Old     (stefmatt)      Join Date: Nov 2004       12-27-2004, 11:46 AM Reply   
I have a 2002 Sanger V210 loaded and have been trying to sell. I know it's off season an all but due to financial crunch I have to get rid of her, no matter what. I have done Ebay and this site with little success. Lots of interested parties but no one with actual funds. Highest offer so far is 27G which is a steal, literally. Any idea where else I might to try and sell? If I have to, I will sell at 27G but DANG! Please help.
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       12-27-2004, 11:47 AM Reply   
how much is a 2005 v210 ?
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       12-27-2004, 12:01 PM Reply   
How many hrs etc. Nada is from 23K-31K for the boat. You should try your local boat shop, paper, boat trader etc.
Old    whitechocolate            12-27-2004, 12:12 PM Reply   
Matt: Some suguestions I see alot of people trying to sell there boat and they cant even post a photo of it I dont know how they expect to sell it. I have sold lots big and small items Cars and Motorcycles ect over the net and as a buyer if your add dosent have lots of photos then people just skip over it to the next one.

My suguestion is sign up for a free Yahoo account and start a free web page on Geo-cities, Take all sorts of photos of your boat and load the photos on to your new free website, There you can post all the information and detailed photo's you can take and then attach a link to your website in any add you might place. Its a great place for people to get a feel for your Item and you dont have to answer a million quetions, because all the inoformation is up and in one place. Its one thing to say your boat or Item is in great shape, Its another for a person to see it for them self in a photo. I hope this helps, G
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       12-27-2004, 12:24 PM Reply   
i think sanger has special pricing on the 210 right now...
Old     (tyler_o)      Join Date: Nov 2004       12-27-2004, 3:10 PM Reply   
Stefmat,

If you can hold out a few more months you'll be in better shape. I tried to sell my old boat this off season, couldn't find motivated buyers even though those who saw the boat wanted it. I've heard from several sources you can pick up anywhere from 5% to 15% in the Spring when demand rises.
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       12-30-2004, 8:20 AM Reply   
wait it out, now there are not alot of people looking for boats since it is not the season really. Once spring rolls around there may be interest. People who get sticker shock at the boat shows will be looking for used shortly.

Do not base your boats price on a nationwide scale. use local comps in your area to match up against yours and them adjust your price accordingly. good luck to you!
Old     (tyler_o)      Join Date: Nov 2004       12-30-2004, 9:02 AM Reply   
HairbandDude hit the nail on the head. The boat show hits S.D. in a week or so and my old boat will be in the trader for those with sticker
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       12-30-2004, 11:03 AM Reply   
One thing that worked for me was to list my boat on as many message boards as I could, especially those in my region of the country.

For example, do a Google search for wakeboarding + your state. For me, there were 3 wakeboarding sites in Texas. I registered with each site and posted my ad. If a particular site does not let you upload photos, as Grant said, create a site where you can post photos and then paste a link to it on each message board site.

Exposure will get your ad viewed. It took me just about a month to find a buyer. Good luck!
Old     (wiltok)      Join Date: Feb 2003       12-30-2004, 12:21 PM Reply   
My experience has shown that ads (and I usually place a lot of them when I am selling something) generate a lot of leads but few real selling opportunities (not to mention being a hassle cause many are just browsing, don't show up, looking for steal, etc). Putting the boat on a busy road has always worked best for me. People who are interested are ones that may not even be in the market for a boat but get hooked when they see it (not to mention the convenience of buying close to where they live). I almost sold a Donzi last year but putting a sign on it cruising around the lake a few times. I generated 3 leads in one weekend! (ended up deciding to keep the boat). Good luck!!
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-30-2004, 12:46 PM Reply   
STEFMAT - Talk to all of the dealers that will be showing boats at the boat show. Offer them 10-15% of the selling price. Let them know what you have to sell and what you want for it. Hopefully it will be way less than what they have on ther new boats advertised at the boat show. They can earn a customer by selling them a used boat like yours. Not every person at the boat show is looking for a new boat. Most are looking for a great deal! Maybe yours will be the great deal they stumble on! Boat dealers will be even more motivated to sell a used boat if they "think" you maybe in the market for a brand new boat and winter order!!! Tell them you want to sell... Let them wonder why you want to sell.... Good luck!!!
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       12-30-2004, 6:05 PM Reply   
What do you mean, "can't even GIVE my boat away". 27G is 27G more than giving it away.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       12-30-2004, 8:22 PM Reply   
I was on Boattraderonline and they have a brand new 05 V210 Sanger loaded for 33333.00 It looked really good. Just thought I would let ya know
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       12-31-2004, 6:28 PM Reply   
Matt,

Try to think of it from a buyers point of view, try to imagine you are replacing the boat and see what you can come up with for comparable prices. Do not overvalue your options as most people do, keep in mind the depreciation curve is steepest in the first three years. If you can do this subjectively I think you will quickly come to the conclusion that you should take that $27k as fast as possible considering most people are financially reeling from Xmas this time of year. November and December are very flat months for boat sales.
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       01-01-2005, 10:40 AM Reply   
where are you located?
Old     (stefmatt)      Join Date: Nov 2004       01-01-2005, 1:35 PM Reply   
phoenix arizona, just came back from the lake again today. thanks for all the ideas and advise.
Old     (magnusm)      Join Date: Dec 2003       01-02-2005, 8:48 PM Reply   
Of course when you read "loaded" from a dealer you never quite know what they mean. I saw that one on boat trader and from the picture it did not look like there were board racks, bimini etc., but it didn't really get specific.
Don't know if you have perfect pass, ballast etc., but that's what I consider loaded. Also do you have the regular engine or the black scorp. engine? Assuming your boat is in good shape has most of the goodies and isn't a fairly unpopular color, I'd think you could get closer to $30K, but you might have to be patient and follow the advice of those above (lots of pictures, write a decent ad etc.)
I spent about 3 months last off season looking for a slightly used V210, before finally buying the right one in February.
I think it also will depend on where you live - being in N. Cal there is a more active market I'd suspect.
If you need the money now, the $27k might be the best you'll do right around the holidays.
Old    gap52            01-03-2005, 4:21 PM Reply   
I would like opinions and comments on Tige vs Moomba am looking into buying a w-baord boat and would appricate any feed back. thank you
Old     (whitewookie)      Join Date: Jul 2004       01-03-2005, 4:29 PM Reply   
All right, if you're giving it away, I'll take it.
Old     (stefmatt)      Join Date: Nov 2004       01-04-2005, 8:35 PM Reply   
thanks again everybody...i've put it in my local boat trader for a few weeks. if nothing happens then i'll unload it for the 27. wish i could wait, but debt is building up with every month. thanks.