Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2008

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (crowem87)      Join Date: Nov 2005       09-24-2008, 8:36 AM Reply   
Alright guys so i drove back from purdue last night to enjoy 2 hours on the lake since everyone keeps calling me telling me how nice the water is this time of the year. About 25 minutes into my set i fall, and to my surprise i am being yelled at by a fisherman over on the bank. I could not exactly hear him because this guy was like 100 yards away and im sitting in the water so i am yelling back at him that i cant hear him. He keeps going on about how he is frustrated..... so i tell him he better just shut up. At any rate our argument escalates and he feels the need to come over to my boat. He then explains that even though we were not doing anything illegal, he thinks he has a right to say something to me because " his 1000$ trolling motor hit bottom due to our wake because he was in less than 2 feet of water." I am sorry but that does not seem to be my problem. Any way so by this time there is another boat watching and a few residents living on the lake are watching the situation. After much arguing we start idleing away and he does as well. I am still standing on the platform because my binding laces are knotted and i couldnt get them off.. This guy decides to turn around and come straight for the back of my boat doing at least 35 mph and sprays my whole boat down. Not only that but his boat was within 10 feet of my platform and the wall of water hit my so hard it knocked me over into the boat. This seriously scared the stuff out of me. He also continued to threaten vandalizing my boat. (this is the second fisherman to threaten vandalization this year). This guy was in a ranger bassboat i believe- he was part of the tournement and was wearing clothing with goodyear stamps on it as well as his boat had a few goodyear stickers on it.
At any rate after the guy almost killed me one resident called 911 from the bank, another boat came up to me and gave me their telephone numbers and said call if i need anything. This guy just took off and left after he sprayed us. At any rate my whole point of this story is NOMATTER WHAT IS SAID- there is nothing that can call for such behavior. He put myself, my little brother and two friends at serious risk and could have killed us. When i called 911 dispatch had already gotten 2 other calls from people that were not in my boat. Lets make it clear i have no issue sharing the lake with anyone and am not out to get the fishing competition shut down by any means. But i will be going to any means possible to make everyone know who the hell this guy is and set an example out of him so that these guys realize they cant just yell at every wakeboard boat that goes by. So i am here to ask you guys for help. I am attempting to get every possible wakeboard boat out on geist next tuesday night. This is the second time i have had an incident of this type this summer, the last time my buddy was ran over by an angry boater and his jet ski sunk. (the guy ran as well and he was a resident on the lake) We need everyones help we are not going to say anything to anyone or start anything... just ride nonstop and surf.... we want waves and legally of course:-) I plan on crowding this damn lake until someone from the tournament gets the point and can say something to these guys. I called the person in charge of the fishing tournament and he was not even there last night! He jsut shrugged it off and said "oh ya i'll mention it to the guys next week." Help me out im trying to make a point here! Thanks- Matt Crowe

P.S. On the other hand i had an outstanding set for not having ridden in three weeks haha DNR is also going after the guy because we got his REgistration numbers... but im not really letting this go this time.