Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 21, 2005

Old    ren            07-12-2005, 8:22 AM Reply   
Does anyone have or have used one of these Thai Stix Chronic Series handles? http://www.gethighsports.net/g-line.htm

If so, how do you like it? Give me the likes and dislikes.

I'm thinking about getting a new handle.

If you've never used the Thai Stix, recommend me some good handles to check out?
Old    natxbrotha            07-12-2005, 9:04 AM Reply   
it looks like the ameoba grip that i believe is what straight line uses. some people like it, some dont. you can find good deals on the thai stix on ebay i believe. personally, i believe a handle is a handle, but the grip is what matters to me. im currently riding an accurate premiere handle.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-12-2005, 9:13 AM Reply   
I found alot of people like the Collin Wright handle,and so do I.Personally I like the waffle grip,the ameoba grip sims a little slippery to me.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-12-2005, 9:46 AM Reply   
Yeah Ed is right. That grip gets hard to hold on too. A little to squishy for me. Add a little sunblock and its worse.
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-12-2005, 9:54 AM Reply   
Rene, I did use the thai stix handle and did like it. I have bad hands and use the hard rubber handles for better grip. It has very good grip its kinda sticky haha maybe thats why they call it the thai stix. As for the life I couldn't tell you it was a friends.
Old    ren            07-12-2005, 12:45 PM Reply   
Thanks for all the info guys. I guess I should just go over to Arun's shop and check them out first hand.

Big E, The Collin Wright handle looks sweet, and I want to try it, but last time I used a composite I hit my head with it. hahaha

J-Rod, Do they still make that Nevin handle that was super light? I think you had it the first time we met at Don Pedro about three years ago.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-12-2005, 1:10 PM Reply   
Rene. That was the Nevin Osmosis. I think they still make them. It was a nice handle. It didn't last the entire season though. They may have improved it by now though/
Old     (sanger215guy)      Join Date: Oct 2004       07-12-2005, 1:14 PM Reply   
The Collin Wright handle is not a composite, which is what I like. It is soft sided so if you happen to hit yourself or your board you don't cause damage. I have the Josh Sanders (same handle, diffrent color) and really like the handle, so far two others that have used it had me pick one up for them.

(Message edited by Sanger215guy on July 12, 2005)
Old    ren            07-12-2005, 2:04 PM Reply   
Gary, It looks like a composite in this link.

http://www.buywake.com/catalog/detail.lasso?cat=5&man=Nevin&sku=NE_3yvmy

Is this not the handle Big E is talking about?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-12-2005, 2:19 PM Reply   
that IS the handle. I'm not sure which part of it is composite. The frame of the handle is plastic.

Rene the sides of the handle are flexible. Its just a tad stiffer than a traditional style handle. Nothing hard to ding your board, boat, or head.
Old     (load)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-12-2005, 3:22 PM Reply   
The Nevin handle is great! It is flexible side to side put not up and down, love it till it got run over last weekend.

I didn't like the hard carbon handles, this a nice medium between that and my old hardline handle.