Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (wakeboarddrumma)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-15-2007, 7:45 PM Reply   
Me and my friends go to a buddies lakehouse every weekend or every other weekend. We finally mangled the ski rope we were using, and went to the local dicks sporting goods, and found an Accurate fuse No- stretch for 30 bucks. Needless to say, we grabbed it, because we were going to pay 30 bucks for a low stretch with handle.

However, A Handle for this will be at least 50 bucks with no stretch line. but we're thinking of grabbing one of the 20 bucks low stretch rope/handle combos, so we can have a wide handle for wakeboarding, as we were using a ski handle.

Will this totally kill the "No Stretch" line by having a 5 foot section that is stretch? I mean, I know it might stretch a bit, but this will still help a lot right? The way i see it, the shorter the line, the lower the stretch because it doesn't have as much room to stretch?
Old     (ethan31)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-15-2007, 7:51 PM Reply   
I wouldnt skimp on the rope/handle setup its one of the most important parts to bettering yourself and making your session better (imo)

Spend the money for a good handle it will be worth it in the end.
Old     (bulletlines)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-15-2007, 8:25 PM Reply   
Actually more and more pro riders a started to ride with a 5' extension of Poly E (Stretch) rope to save wear and tear on their shoulders.

Thanks,

Ken Land
Bullet Lines
www.bulletlines.com
Old     (lfs56)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-15-2007, 8:26 PM Reply   
30$.....WOW!
Old     (whitie)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-16-2007, 1:07 AM Reply   
If you get tennis elbow add a 5ft stretch section this will help and you won't notice the stretch.
Old     (wakeboarddrumma)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-16-2007, 4:38 PM Reply   
Thanks for the info guys. Looks Like i'm not going to worry about it. Unfortunately, I won't be on the water till next weekend...