Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 26, 2009

Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-13-2009, 7:50 AM Reply   
I've been seeing this boat pop up on my searches for a year or two now. I think you could just about get it for free at this point and it's basically local for me, so I figured I'd ask... if stringers are good and she actually runs, is there anyway this boat could handle a tower and a little weight? Is the wake on this thing totally flat or does it have a little potential? I have -0- experience with Skiers.

Upload
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-13-2009, 7:59 AM Reply   
Go to Correct Craft Fan and post this question
those guys know everything about older CCs.
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-13-2009, 8:02 AM Reply   
I need a wakeboarder inspired answer :-)
Old     (roverjohn)      Join Date: Dec 2007       04-13-2009, 8:27 AM Reply   
Why wouldn't be able to handle at least the max on the BIA plate? I used to have a Skier with a Holman and Moody 302 that I remember having about 235hp and it was a rocket but it had a very rampy and tall ski wake so I sold it and got a Stars and stripes MC. Those early ski boats did not have flat wakes at all and they were solid as a rock so they might not be horrible at 22mph. That boat is also very narrow so a tower to fit it may be tough to find so you might end up building one or buying a FlyHi pole. I missed one of those the other day powered by a 235 slant six for $1200. Still kind of bummed about it. You might be pleasantly surprised by the wake so go check it out.
Old     (roverjohn)      Join Date: Dec 2007       04-13-2009, 8:46 AM Reply   
I guess I should mention that mine didn't have a center fin so it was a real handful to drive through a slalom course at shorter rope lengths but that probably wouldn't matter to someone looking for a budget tow boat.
Old     (mikes)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-13-2009, 4:23 PM Reply   
Go to Correct Craft Fan and post this question
those guys know everything about older CCs.

bad advice Mike. You never,ever send someone to CCfan to ask about putting a tower on a classic skier.

Luker, for what it's worth, I would not put a tower on that boat. It is a classic
Old     (saceone)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-13-2009, 4:35 PM Reply   
^^I second that advice (to avoid CCFan when it comes to slapping a tower on a classic LOL)
Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-13-2009, 5:15 PM Reply   
at much an extended pylon and call it a day
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-14-2009, 6:59 AM Reply   
Yeah... thats why I don't post stuff like this on CCFan. They will jump all over you for wanting to murder out an old Natty and throw bags and speakers in it!

The pylon is an option but a black Monster is my first choice.
Old     (bmh2208)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-14-2009, 7:54 AM Reply   
I had a 77 Correct Craft American Skier. It was 17' long and was a blast. If you can get it for about a grand and it runs, I say go for it. It would be a good first boat. You could use it for a summer or two and put some TLC in it and probably come out slightly ahead. Then sell it and put it down on a newer one. Thats what I did. Started with a 77, then a 83, then got the 210.

I searched and I could only find a pic of it from the guy that bought it from me. The wake was okay and responded pretty good to weight. With some more digging I might be able to find an old pic on the net somewhere.

Upload

Next two boats. The first one is for practice. Then you can try to take care of the second one. Once you get to the third one, your ready!!!

Upload