Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 26, 2009

Old     (koop)      Join Date: Jan 2008       04-17-2009, 7:30 AM Reply   
Looking to buy a 2007 Supra 22ssv. Potentially buying from another dealer (Mastercraft) was wondering if a 2 year old boat should or does generally come with a transferable warranty?
Old     (tgoin)      Join Date: Apr 2009       04-17-2009, 7:59 AM Reply   
I was told that Supra Warranty only transfers
when sold by a Supra dealer.

I would call both dealers and find out.

It IS possible the guy I asked just wanted
to sell me a new boat - so he could get a cut.

Probably best bet might be call Supra:

http://supraboats.com/contact.php

Ask them directly.
Old     (thesack)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-17-2009, 8:00 AM Reply   
No the warranty is not transferable. Its only transferable within 2 years of the original purchase date if you are purchasing the used boat from an authorized Supra dealer.

And if you go to Supra's website you can download the manual for the 2007's and its says what all the warranty covers, which isn't much after 1 year.

(Message edited by thesack on April 17, 2009)
Old     (smith86)      Join Date: Mar 2009       04-17-2009, 5:45 PM Reply   
chad does the 07 have the 5 year warranty on it?
reason i ask is i have a 08 22ssv with a 5 year that covers everything on the boat and i was told when i bought it that it was transferable
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-17-2009, 5:48 PM Reply   
Yes call Skiers Choice and talk to them. There are always exceptions to the rules.
Old     (tgoin)      Join Date: Apr 2009       04-17-2009, 5:51 PM Reply   
ask them, should I buy this SUPRA, or go for
another brand ..........

Dogs eating Dogs these days ... I love my Supra,
but you gotta look out for #1
Old    pdxWAKE.com            04-17-2009, 6:38 PM Reply   
It does not need to be purchased by an authorized Supra dealer. The warranty has to be transferred by an authorized Supra dealer though. You will have to pay Supra and you will have to pay indamar to transfer the warranty on the motor. Regardless you should have an authorized Indamar dealer transfer that warranty at least. Not sure if that boat still has a transferable Supra warranty.
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-18-2009, 4:21 AM Reply   
Chad - Diggs is correct. But there is a huge difference between the 07 and 08 warrantee.

2007 the boat had a 1 year and the powtrain was 3 years.

In 2008 Supra really stepped up an went 4 years on the boat which covers a ton of stuff and is about as close as you can get to a bumper to bumper. Now to confuse you a little bit they also added a 5th year thur an insurance carrier on the powertrain.

In 2009 to reduce costs Supra keept the 4 program but dropped the 5th year powertrain

To sum up the warranty on a 08 is better than an 09. If you can find a 08 left over you will get a hell of a warrantee compared to about nothing on that used 07. Even better there are a few used 08 like mine
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-18-2009, 6:50 AM Reply   
You can buy an extended warranty through a warranty company. Just like when you buy a car.
Old     (koop)      Join Date: Jan 2008       04-18-2009, 7:13 AM Reply   
Thanks for the feed back guys...When I asked about the warranty the dealer told me he wasn't sure and he'd have to check, but most of the newer boat's are "Bullet Proof"! This immediately sent up red flags....I've been looking for about 2 years at purchasing, but due to different circumstances haven't pulled the trigger on anything.... I've done a lot of research on different brands and models in those 2 long painful years... Herd lot's of stories of owners with new boats having various problems... So hearing the words "Bullet Proof" has me a little uneasy... In fairness to the dealer I haven't been able to go see the boat in person yet, only pictures and dealer description... I fly back to Canada in a few short days then I'll make the 3 1/2 hour drive to test the boat... Again thanks for the info