Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 27, 2008

Old     (bulk)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-24-2008, 3:40 AM Reply   
The metal cables on my hinge tech boots have rusted through as I do a lot of salt water riding and I can't find a repair kit (replacement metal cables) for them anywhere - I've emailed CWB but they won't reply to me........

Anyone know of any repair kits or even in a position to maybe ask someone in the know why CWB haven't made them readily available???
Old     (hal2814)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-24-2008, 5:35 AM Reply   
Call CWB. I've always gotten through to someone who can help on the first try. I just went to their website and found the number there both times I needed to talk to them.
Old     (allen)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-24-2008, 7:48 AM Reply   
Andrew, I don't think that they are READILY avalable because poeple needing new cables isn't the norm. Almost everyone that I know rides hinge tech boots of some type and no one has needed new cables. Call CWB some one there will take care of you for sure.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       03-24-2008, 8:59 AM Reply   
I keep some in stock at my shop, but call CWB, they will send you out some for free.
You are better off calling CWB, then sending them an email. Sometimes they get so many emails that it takes a while to get to all of them.
CWB Wakeboards.
425-775-5416 ask for warranty dept.
Old     (slowjet)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-24-2008, 9:36 AM Reply   
Sorry off topic - but innov8 how's the new building working out? I just started working down here and went by right before you moved, I need to stop in.

----Sorry about the hijack-----
Old     (bulk)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-26-2008, 7:14 PM Reply   
Thanks guys,

only problem is I'm in Australia so its a little bit hard to 'ring them' but I shall get a phone card and see what i can do.

Thanks for your help

Andrew
Old     (fbricard)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-26-2008, 8:13 PM Reply   
Mine rusted through on only one cable about 6months ago. The other was pristine. CWB hooked me up easily via email. But it does take them a while to respond.

Now after every ride I wash them real thoroughly and then every few weeks they get a little WD40 treatment.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       03-27-2008, 8:12 AM Reply   
Hey Brandon, yes we are in the new shop and everything is going great!!
Stop in anytime, our new hours are
Mon-Saturday 10 to 7
Closed sundays.