Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 12, 2006

Old    cwbabsolute1080            07-04-2006, 3:20 PM Reply   
saw these and they caught my eye... I heard that LF had engineers working on the closed toe design making it smaller... a lot of complaints came that teh shanes toe was HUGE (which it is).. looks like these bindings have a lot smaller toe... Just saw teh pic and thought I would shere.. here it isUpload
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-04-2006, 7:27 PM Reply   
CLOSED TOE IS STUPID FOR WAKEBOARDING!!!

discuss..
Old     (wkbrdr)      Join Date: Jan 2006       07-04-2006, 7:48 PM Reply   
agree
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-04-2006, 7:56 PM Reply   
so don't buy 'em. problem solved.
Old     (_jason_)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-04-2006, 7:56 PM Reply   
better look...
Upload
Old     (wkbrdr)      Join Date: Jan 2006       07-04-2006, 7:57 PM Reply   
also tino has very very small feet
Old     (wkbrdr)      Join Date: Jan 2006       07-04-2006, 7:58 PM Reply   
don't plan on buying them...
Old     (shutupandboard)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-04-2006, 8:45 PM Reply   
Why is closed toe stupid. Do you have to see your toenail polish?
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-04-2006, 9:20 PM Reply   
apparently shanes and watsons are comming in both open and closed toed versions. not sure, this is just what I hear so dont hold me to it.
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-04-2006, 9:50 PM Reply   
oh yay! its rumor time!

this time im goin straight for the kettle corn. sa-weet!
Old     (pjdave)      Join Date: Oct 2002       07-04-2006, 10:36 PM Reply   
no rumor. straight out of the mouth of the oz distributor. phillip will also have pro boots. Henshaw and greenwood also have their own pro models
Old    wayknbayk            07-05-2006, 3:21 AM Reply   
heard next years shane bindings are gonna blow everybody's minds!
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-05-2006, 4:10 AM Reply   
I heard every next year's bindings for every company for the next couple or so years is gonna blow everybody's minds!
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-05-2006, 5:03 AM Reply   
yea will be nice if LF can actually fulfill all their orders and keep their product out on shelves and MAYBE get them in shops on time and get the second midseason orders here..

its sad what happened this year being 3 months late on shane/watsons then only sending limited supplies and still havent got a second ordered filled at ALL my local shops and some online shops ive called..they still have the ltd stuff on backorder.then they had several breaking and ripping issues even after they said the late 06 release was to make sure they fixed the baseplate issues,obviously not .

what gives maybe they are to worried about keeping up with the next years product to care about the present year??

they are coming close to losing my business..i wanted a pair of watsons at a decent price and nobody has a pair of 9-10s they have been out over a month and have yet to even tell local shops when they will arrive..and now talk of 07 product is here,dispicable.They have created such a shortage and demand that the little suply that is left at shops even in odd sizes are being sold for full msrp ,no breaks at all.almost seems like they did this intentionally,hmm.

i will be riding CWB stuff for a while until LF proves they can make a great product and keep it on the shelves..

im off the soap box now..
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-05-2006, 7:56 AM Reply   
Agreed, how can a retailer get beind a brand that does that? Obviously spending time and money on next years product when the shops are losing biz due to them not delivering, and the stuff being delivered is breaking.
Old     (oopsds92)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-05-2006, 8:01 AM Reply   
dave
where do u hear that? thats gonna be sick if its true.
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-05-2006, 12:59 PM Reply   
closed toe sucks unless you are riding in cold water.
Old     (iamnathanhudson)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-05-2006, 1:20 PM Reply   
I sure would like to see LF make all their bindings with that wrap they use on the shanes and the watsons. I think that would just put them over the top...I found the watsons and shanes WAY easier to get into than the Zeus bindings. I am not saying the Zeus bindings are hard at all...they are pretty easy to slip into...just not as much as the watsons and shanes.
Old    wakebmxer            07-05-2006, 1:56 PM Reply   
Closed Toe are Awsome. I am using the Murrays. The shanes foot bed was uncomfortable and the toe was a little close and the top of the boot dug into my leg. No Complaints about the murray other than I am waiting for the Boa to break.....but the havent. as far as hurting your toes....snowboarders and regular shoes dont break toes. And I ride a BMX bike with closed toe shoes......
Old     (stepintoliquid)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-05-2006, 2:09 PM Reply   
I agree with you Mike. I also have the Murrays and they rock, cold and warm water alike.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       07-05-2006, 2:31 PM Reply   
Mike - I tighten my BOA has tight as my hand strength will allow and I've never had a cable break in over 2 summers of riding them.
Old     (kel_dub)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-05-2006, 3:04 PM Reply   
one good thing about closed toes is your foot cant slide out the bottom... which has happened to me in all my boots, but i still ride open toes...