Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 19, 2004

Old     (wikd281)      Join Date: May 2002       02-20-2004, 9:10 PM Reply   
Hello> my friend and I will be going to the world wakeboard center in about 1.5 weeks and we are curious to know what you would recommend for fun around Orlando? I was told the camp is around 30 mins. away from Orlando and this will be our first Time out to Florida. We are both over 21. I understand its going to be a lot of colleges spring break? We will have a rental car but dont know how much energy we will have to go out at night? Is there anything that you think is cool enough to say that we shouldnt leave untill you check it out?
Thanks for any help!
Old    lforce23            02-21-2004, 2:57 AM Reply   
yo man your in orlando you should see as much as possible. lots to do in that town. make sure you hit up islands of adventure if you like theme parks. stay away from disney. hit up OWC also. thats a good fun place to ride the cable.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       02-21-2004, 8:56 AM Reply   
church st. and wall st. downtown are a lot of fun.
Old     (wikd281)      Join Date: May 2002       02-21-2004, 10:57 AM Reply   
Right on guys> thanks for the replies! I hope we get some time to check out some of these places.
Old     (wikd281)      Join Date: May 2002       02-22-2004, 12:58 AM Reply   
Any idea if they will let you take a board on the plane??? Is it too large of a carry on? Has anyone heard of one getting damaged with the other luggage? That would totally suck!
Old     (rodeo)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-22-2004, 9:47 AM Reply   
there was a post before thanksgiving about taking your board on a plane. try looking on the search page, it should turn up a lot of info that you might not get before you leave
Old     (wikd281)      Join Date: May 2002       02-22-2004, 3:02 PM Reply   
Thanks!
Old     (big_un)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-22-2004, 6:55 PM Reply   
Use a board bag and pack that board with care.)
Old     (big_un)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-22-2004, 6:56 PM Reply   
Oh yeah, check out citywalk at Universal studios (nite life)
Old     (wikd281)      Join Date: May 2002       02-22-2004, 7:52 PM Reply   
city walk?? Thanks for the heads up! Do you suggest putting towels around the board of some type of cushion packing? I could probably throw in some towels and rap the board up?
Old    tattoobling            02-24-2004, 1:41 PM Reply   
City Walk and Pleasure Island are nothing but tourist trap cheese.

Go to Church Street for the real thing. TAKE A CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old     (wikd281)      Join Date: May 2002       02-27-2004, 8:41 PM Reply   
alright> Im not much of a tourist attraction type> church street lots of clubs????
Old    cmm83            02-28-2004, 12:44 PM Reply   
Yeah..City Walk and Downtown Disney (Pleasure Island) are way overpriced for clubs, and not even very good.

If you are a clubber...definately check out Church Street. BAR Orlando is a popular club 'round there.
Howl at the Moon is a dueling piano bar downtown that is pretty sweet too.

Watch out for OTown cops...they love writing out DUI's and anything else.