Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (rwb_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2008       05-17-2010, 7:01 PM Reply   
Just finished my upgraded stereo install and wanted to share my new tower bling. Special thanks to Brian over at Exile as I had a lot of questions/reservations, but you have exceeded my expectations even with the non-normal '04 XSTAR tower set-up. As you can see I decided to mount in the factory locations for more room. Also a thaks to Nathan over at XS Power...the battery is a beast!

New Adds:
Exile XM7's (4)
Exile Harpoon Amp
Sony GT740UI Deck (4V Preouts)
XS Power D3100
ProSport 20amp - 3 Bank Charger
SurePower Isolator
Upgraded 0G and 4G Wiring

Existing Set-Up
Interior - Polk Audio running off Memphis Audio Amp
Sub - Polk 12" in a ported box running off Polk Amp

Here are a couple pics I snapped of the end result:
Attached Images

Old     (volzalum)      Join Date: May 2009       05-17-2010, 7:14 PM Reply   
Set-up looks and sounds good Rahn!!!
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       05-17-2010, 7:49 PM Reply   
Nice looking set up I bet it sounds even better.
Old     (thesack)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-17-2010, 8:01 PM Reply   
Really liking how you have the one pair of XM7s behind the other. Great looking boat!!! Bet it sounds amazing. How you liking the Harpoon amp?
Old     (showmedonttellme)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-17-2010, 9:02 PM Reply   
Boy Rahn, I LOVE the black on black between the rig and Star. The clean look on the back by removing all the decals is tight as well! If you tint the windows on the whip to match the rig they'll really be twins! That lake looks money too. Haha

Congrats!
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-18-2010, 9:44 PM Reply   
Post a video!
Old     (pdqwrx)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-18-2010, 10:51 PM Reply   
Looks nice.....Where did you get all the gear?
Old     (chucktronics)      Join Date: Nov 2007       05-18-2010, 11:26 PM Reply   
Boat looks great !

Do those grills rotate at all so that they all line up the same? I think that would be the only thing I would change.

2nd Big Nate on the staggering, it is something I like to do in our installs as well.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       05-19-2010, 12:13 AM Reply   
Just one extra battery??? That'll probably only give you about an hour or two of playing time. It's all good until it goes dead just when the party gets rolling. Happens to all of us eventually
Old     (johnny_jr)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-19-2010, 8:15 AM Reply   
Ryan the Grills rotate 90 degrees. Looks like the 2 on the bow side need to be rotated to line up with the aft pair.
Old     (rwb_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2008       05-19-2010, 9:43 AM Reply   
Thanks for the comments. The grills do rotate, but do to the way they are mounted they will not line-up. I took this sacrifice vs mounting all 4 next to each other again for the value of the walk-through headroom. I'm sure there may be a way to line it all up with some modifications, but I was ready to hit the water

At party cove volume the stereo will play for about 4hrs w/out cutting the boat on. Since the funds ran dry, I made the sacrifice on the 1 battery which I charge each night on the ProSport. Just gotta pick the right time to throw down the jams, but typically after 4hrs I'm in a good spot to pass the tunes off to another buddies boat. I have two group 24's that I key out via the perko for starting.
Old     (brianinpdx)      Join Date: Aug 2009       05-21-2010, 1:04 PM Reply   
Rahn - Thanks for ROCKIN EXILE.

I know that getting all the upgrades done can be a PITA, but ultimately it pays off. Give yourself some props too for doing the installation. Good job! Post up some of those party cove pics! Show us some CANS. And I'm not talkin speakers. - Brian
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-21-2010, 1:23 PM Reply   
Killer set up but whats with all the dumpy little houses in the back ground?
Old     (rwb_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2008       05-25-2010, 2:00 PM Reply   
Hate N Pain -No kidding on the houses, most the lake is like that...I scratch my head every time I'm out wondering who there can be that may people around with that type of money...

Brian- Your cans are great, but don't keep my attention like some of the other cans that were out last weekend. Sadly the only pic I got was this one that someone took as I was in the distance chatting away on my boat. (black boat on the left side)
Attached Images

Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-25-2010, 3:57 PM Reply   
Damn that looks like a good time!!! Come on friggin summer already!
Old     (bawshogg)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-25-2010, 4:54 PM Reply   
Dying a slow death here in Pac north west, waiting for the sun and nice weather to show up also, don't feel bad . Your not the only one.