Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 24, 2009

Old     (stxr_racer)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-23-2009, 8:29 PM Reply   
Thanks Joe, appreciate it. Sure is a nice lake to ride at and only 20 minutes from my front door. Lots of rain this winter so it's been a drag..thank goodness for mountain biking ay. Only 6 weeks to spring and then back into it yeehaa! ..nice 210 you have there btw...

(Message edited by stxr_racer on July 23, 2009)
Old     (derf1956)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-24-2009, 6:29 AM Reply   
Here is Lake Hudson in OK last evening about 5PM
Dennie, I got 1/2 way through a backroll, look out Worlds !! LOL !!!Upload
Old     (pearsonville)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-24-2009, 7:51 AM Reply   
The first half is always the easy part! Make sure you try for the 2nd half and not a quarter! Keep charging! Fred nice lake! I am 4 to 4.5 hours away from mine... and rode one pass since Memorial Weekend... that blows. Looking to go Aug 1 - 4th.
Aloha from Cali
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-24-2009, 8:04 AM Reply   
Last Saturday I wanted to do a tail grab. With that in my mind I think I was already leaning towards my back leg
before I completely left the wake. This put more weight on my back leg and caused me, like Fred, to fly half-way through
a backroll! My half-roll was completely unintentional though. Ha-ha! I'll be riding with JB this Sunday. Hopefully
I'll get some new pic to post.
Old     (derf1956)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-24-2009, 8:24 AM Reply   
You're right Joe but I got to start somewhere, I've been watching the video and it's going to happen! Lucky me, my lake is 15 mins. from house and my 5th wheel stays on the shore year round, so easy ride most of the time.
Alex, you got the first part, just finish man !!!
Old     (pearsonville)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-24-2009, 12:59 PM Reply   
Alex... it's golden to ride with Jeff Barton... he can coach you... My thoughts... just go do a few w2w jumps then hit the wake the same and poke your front foot down.. bring your back foot up and grab that s.o.b. (Stretch before you go out)... then work on your roast beef, then a beer after the session, then repeat. Tell JB hello... aloha Joe
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-24-2009, 8:50 PM Reply   
Bevan....who you callin old!!!
Old     (stxr_racer)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-25-2009, 1:01 AM Reply   
SoCal..just kidding, hey 50 is the new 30, at least that's what I keep telling myself..haha.
Old     (pearsonville)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-27-2009, 11:06 AM Reply   
50 is still 50.
Old     (derf1956)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-30-2009, 6:26 AM Reply   
yes it is ! I just had to bump this thread to 250
LOL !!!!!!
Old     (wakeboardgeezer)      Join Date: May 2009       07-30-2009, 2:30 PM Reply   
Fred,

Been out of town man,.. My son just got married.
Guess where he went for his honeymoon?....
Orlando Wake Cable Park!

He didn't ride the cable he and his wife both rode behind a San 230 on the water in the park.
He rode with a couple of O'Brien team riders that were giving him some pointers.

What a man,... keeps his priorities right!
But,... I dont think he waked it up first

Your lake is looking SAweeeet!
Every bit as good or BETTER than Bull Shoals or Norfork!
Old     (wakeboardgeezer)      Join Date: May 2009       08-04-2009, 6:41 PM Reply   
I vote for Frank Davis for coolest Old School Pics, rockn that skurfer with the instruction book, way past cool and closen in on fantastic!
Whatcha think?

What up boys and girls?

The coolest thread on the web starting to get a little slow,... bust it up!
Old     (stxr_racer)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-05-2009, 2:44 AM Reply   
I need a nap
Old     (mayor_h)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-05-2009, 4:34 AM Reply   
Dennie your stoke is awesome !! old skool photos ? I'm thinking this is 1991 ? the board wasn't even out yet when i got it at an Orlando water ski tournament. In the pic is legendary Eric Perez, super cool guy, helped me out tons. i was so happy to get rid of my plastic skurfer and get a REAL wakeboard. hahaha

Upload
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-05-2009, 5:57 AM Reply   
The pink nylon Eric Perez fanny pack is badass!
I'm still trying to get some new pictures to post here, but it hasn't happened yet and probably won't happen this
weekend either.
Old     (pearsonville)      Join Date: Feb 2002       08-05-2009, 7:15 AM Reply   
I used to have that same board... don't know where it went but totally was the best board of that time!
Hey I just turned 56 on Sunday Aug 2nd... celebrated it in Mexico wakeboarding with my wife and next door neighbors the Klass Family... had a blast! Ok to send me presents... I haven't grown up yet!
Old     (mayor_h)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-05-2009, 8:50 AM Reply   
Nice alex ! notice also, i have the matching watch !!
Old     (mayor_h)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-05-2009, 8:51 AM Reply   
...and happy belated birthday Joe !!
Old     (wakeboardgeezer)      Join Date: May 2009       08-05-2009, 7:06 PM Reply   
Bevan, "taken a nap"
now that's hilarious Man!
The only thing I can say is "WAKE" the hell up my Brotha!"

Yo Nedge,
What a picture dude!!! That's just crazy and in a way kinda cute,.. Hmmmm,.. "Crazy" and "Cute", Hmmmm
That would make it "Crutezy",.. yeah that's the ticket, your picture is Super "Crutezy"!

Now that is some more high quality H2o Sports!
Old     (wakeboardgeezer)      Join Date: May 2009       08-05-2009, 7:36 PM Reply   
Wow!!!,

There is just some "TOUGH STUFF" on here!

Man what a tough tough call between these two!

Skurfer + instruction booklet signed by Tony Finn! Vs The pink nylon Eric Perez fanny pack with the legendary Eric Perez in the shot!

Too close to call,.. can't do it!!!,..
Both pics are just SAweeeeeet!

But Guru2 got it going on like a mug with all them old school surfboards especially that one washed up on the beach!
Not to mention that invert pic of him skying on that HO he posted,..
And,... and... and... the cover of that VHS on "Ski Boarding", you got to be shatting me Brotha!!!!!
My man Guru2 is just off the proverbial freakin hook!

I love watching the young Gangstas ride but they need to keep looking over their shoulders, LOL, seems to me there is more SWAGGA in the 50's thread than I have seen in a long long time!

We don't have to BRAGGA cause we STILL got the SWAGGA!

Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-05-2009, 10:22 PM Reply   
Joe...hope you had a great BD....would love to go there sometime with you or Damien...never been. See you Sat?
Old     (pearsonville)      Join Date: Feb 2002       08-06-2009, 6:54 AM Reply   
Geri, thanks.... will be riding at the CLWC contest saturday... and yes, we will make Mex happen... Aloha
Old     (ldebbold)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-06-2009, 9:35 AM Reply   
Wow, how did I miss this thread? It is so great to see so many posts from older riders. I'm 59 and have been riding just over three years. No previous experience, just got into boating as a family bonding activity. First boat came with a wakeboard which we couldn't ride. Bought the first "Detention," video, and the rest is history. I am stoked with some of the posts I see here. After my second concussion, not withstanding the CIE philosophy, I figured I'd never go upside down on a wakeboard at my age, but now I'm thinking some type of backroll could eventually happen.
Old     (pearsonville)      Join Date: Feb 2002       08-06-2009, 10:32 AM Reply   
LES>>> Welcome to the wakeboarding geezers... I am 56 and stoked to ride... do you ride Lake Tahoe as your main lake? Cold even in summer... back roll falls don't hurt like a face plant or spinning fall... just takes some huevos to try one... slow the boat down, shorten your rope, and just go for it... Aloha from Huntington Beach, Ca
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-06-2009, 11:42 AM Reply   
This thread is the BEST and stokes the hell out of me. I used to think that I was one of just a few old guys on WW, not letting my glory days go and hanging on to a kids' sport. This thread, pushing 250+, puts that idea to rest!

I'm not contest material (so far anyway) - don't get enough water time and much of that is towing my boys. But, I grew up on lakes, boating & waterskiing for years, days & hours on end. I have no desire or plans to stop that now. And... this thread confirms that I can keep on going... with plenty of good company!
Old     (mayor_h)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-06-2009, 1:42 PM Reply   
Dennie your killing me !! Got another pic for you, freshy, Just started throwing Raley's again, after being out for a year with bicep tendon replacement,this is last weekend at my buddy's house behind his moomba. 12 for 12 so far knock on wood.

Upload
Old     (ldebbold)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-06-2009, 2:39 PM Reply   
Joe, thanks for the encouragement. I wonder if they would ever open up a geezers category for INT. We'd probably all kill ourselves turning fun into competition, but it would be interesting to get together with a bunch of older riders instead of these kids made out of rubber, Doritos and beer. Tahoe is where we have a place so usually get a week to two weeks during the summer up there. Not a great lake to ride, too much wind and chop, but when it is glass (very early or very late) there isn't anyplace more beautiful. Usually ride Lake Sonoma, such as it is. If I'd started this sport twenty years ago I would definitely be living on a lake somewhere. Maybe in my next life.
Old     (bcail)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-06-2009, 2:44 PM Reply   
^^
I rode the last few stops of the AL INT league this year. I rode in the Vet class which is 40 and older.

Had a blast....
Old     (pearsonville)      Join Date: Feb 2002       08-06-2009, 4:01 PM Reply   
Where is Lake Sonoma?
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-06-2009, 4:40 PM Reply   
two 69. Such a sweet #. Way to roll older dudes and dudettes.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-07-2009, 8:24 AM Reply   
Nedge, that is killer. What lake is that?
Old     (mayor_h)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-07-2009, 2:21 PM Reply   
Thanks John, feels reallllly good to be able to do those again ! At Theo's new house, somewhere on the conway chain. and welcome to the meetup group !!
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-07-2009, 5:15 PM Reply   
Dang, I was planning to go to that but my wife was going in to work late that day and wanted me to go out on our lake instead. Otherwise, I would have been there.

I'm on Prairie Lake in Altamonte. Maybe you could take a pull behind my boat sometime. Unfortunately the wake isn't near as good as Theo's.
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-07-2009, 6:29 PM Reply   
Hey Les...great to see you join us on here! I am with you...I would definitely be living on a lake had I started this earlier. Hope to ride with you again..soon!

(Message edited by rnopr8 on August 07, 2009)
Old     (pearsonville)      Join Date: Feb 2002       08-09-2009, 10:05 AM Reply   
ALL YOU GEEZERS THAT DID NOT GO TO THE CANYON LAKE WAKEBOARD CONTEST LOST OUT... BEAUTIFUL DAY, GREAT CONDITIONS, GREAT FRIENDS. I DROVE TO ENCINITAS AND SURFED TIL DARK AFTERWARDS... EPIC DAY FOR ME...
ALOHA JOE. KEEP THIS POST GOING!
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-09-2009, 3:39 PM Reply   
Sounds awesome Joe. If I lived in driving distance, I would have been there.
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-09-2009, 6:16 PM Reply   
Randy...dude..man...can't believe you live in driving distance and didn't come!!! What's up with that???? It was an epic day. Sorry Joe...gotta stick with the Cougars for now. I may be back someday!
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-10-2009, 3:45 AM Reply   
Sorry SoCal, every distance is driveable, but I live in NC. Little to far,
Old     (wakeboardgeezer)      Join Date: May 2009       08-10-2009, 9:02 AM Reply   
Whats Happening Les!

Welcome aboard man!

One old boy told me one day;

"You aint done, if you're still having fun".
Old     (pearsonville)      Join Date: Feb 2002       08-10-2009, 9:02 AM Reply   
Randy I just did a mapquest and it looks like on the map you live only 5 inches away.... no need to pull your boat, we always have one here.
Old     (wakeboardgeezer)      Join Date: May 2009       08-10-2009, 9:07 AM Reply   
DAYuuumm Nedge!

Looks like the dude that built the "Bionic Man"
is the same fella that did your bicep!

Mine should be so good!

That's just Teet Brah!
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-10-2009, 10:56 AM Reply   
Greetings my salt-and-pepper brethren!
I keep trying to get pictures of me riding to post here but it never quite works out. This past Saturday I went out with JB, Barrett Perlman and some other good
friends and JB took this picture of me with my new Company Severance 142. It was a great day on the water, followed
by a great evening of celebration.
Upload
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-10-2009, 11:00 AM Reply   
Man Joe, only 5 inches. What was I thinking. I should have been there. It would have given the other old peeps someone to beat.
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-10-2009, 7:28 PM Reply   
Dudeman...that's no excuse You have a much more awesome part of the country anyway. I wouldn't come either!
Old     (wakeboardgeezer)      Join Date: May 2009       08-12-2009, 8:10 AM Reply   
Andy G.,

That is a priceless profile picture!
Those are some good times out with the boys.
Its great to see sons and daughters out riding with Dad! I love it, I love it, I love it!
My Sons and Daughters ride with Mom and I, its just priceless good times.
We try to ride together as much as possible because I know the day is coming,
"That I'm gonna miss this"!
Old     (wakeboardgeezer)      Join Date: May 2009       08-12-2009, 8:13 AM Reply   
Alex,
Woooo! Smooth board man!
How does that bad boy ride and what brand of beer is that in your right hand?
Old     (wakeboardgeezer)      Join Date: May 2009       08-12-2009, 9:09 AM Reply   
Ok Fred, Joe, John, Guru2, Alex, Geri and the rest of the gang!

Have a hootn good time crackn up at the Geezer in this short video we took last weekend. Its pitiful, I almost hooked the handle in my britches,... now that video would have been some High Quality H2o Sports!

Here is The Wakeboard Geezer, looking very "geezer like" on a Hyperlite Roam 144cm doing a Surface 360 in Slow Motion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpAFZ_uqIQI

C'mon Fred post up that surface 720 my brotha!

Cause next weekend I am going for the 720 myself, wish me luck my Geriatric Brothas and Sistas!

Hmmmmm,... now where did I put that bottle of Advil?
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-12-2009, 9:16 AM Reply   
The Funk music in the background was perfect for geezer boarding.
Old     (pearsonville)      Join Date: Feb 2002       08-12-2009, 9:57 AM Reply   
Nice Form... love the slow mo.... forget the 7 go for the 9!
Old     (wakeboardgeezer)      Join Date: May 2009       08-12-2009, 12:37 PM Reply   
Sup Big John, Joe!,

Let me see if I got this right,.....

If a man can squeeze off a 7,... then a 9 can't be far behind?

So,... just pass up the 7 and slap out the niner?

Ahhhh,.. hell,... ok,... I'll let ya know.....

I'll have the camera rollin cause "I don't want to miss this!"

Might leave one hell of mark!

John, I may have to crank the Geezer-Funk music way up
to cover my squeeling like a piglit if I miss a handle pass!
Old     (wakeboardgeezer)      Join Date: May 2009       08-12-2009, 12:47 PM Reply   
7,.. 9,..
All this dang higher math is giving me
a headache!
Where is that dad blame bottle of Advil!!!
Old     (mayor_h)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-12-2009, 7:01 PM Reply   
John, thanks for the invite, or visa versa, I'm 2-3 miles from you on Lk. Howell. Beach'n it for this weekend. Will probly ride at Theo's super early next sat or sunday, come over there! the lake is deep, the water is calm, and the wake is huge :-) aahhhhh.
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       08-12-2009, 7:56 PM Reply   
This is an awesome thread, keep it up guys, so impressed with the dedication. Dennie thanks so much for posting the pics of your Twin BAFF that was my first wakeboard! Think I was 15 at the time he he. Ive saved it as my desktop pic. Keep shredding dudes :-)
Old     (wakeboardgeezer)      Join Date: May 2009       08-13-2009, 9:20 AM Reply   
Your Most Welcome Mark,

Looks and sounds to me like you have been at this far longer than I have.
I have only been wakeboarding for about three years. I was in my 50s when I first cranked it up.
Although I have been riding in the water for a very long time, only not on wakeboards.
Back in 1963 sumthin, when I was about 6 years old in Key West, Florida we started out riding "Skid" boards.
It was just a round piece of painted plywood.
In flooded backyards and on the beach we would sit it down then take a run at it and skim across the shallow water, it was great fun!
Then at about 7 or 8 I discovered "Boogie boards". We used those for belly surfing.
I graduated to riding surfboards some when I was about 12 or 13.
Didn't get to surf as much as I would have liked because we moved away from the water.
Wakeboarding has brought me back home to the water sports that I love so much,.. can't get enough of it!!!
I got allot of catching up to do!

Anyway, I'm glad you liked the pic of the old Twin Baff.
I've always thought it was a very cool looking old board.
I dig the Barracuda logo in the center. I keep it hanging on the wall of my "Wake Shack" with most of the others.
Its the 153cm dawg and rides more like a boat than a board but is still just a smooth looking old girl.
Believe it or not every once in a blue moon our posse takes out several of these old school boards to ride at the beginning of the season just for kicks.
Nothing crazy we just cruise em around some then wipe them off and put em back up.
It's a bit of a ritual and respect thing for the dudes that started this whole thing off.

So many great riders and great people out there,.. (allot of em in this thread!) amateur and professional, young and old,
ripping it up day after day, with one major thing in common, "loving what they do"!

Ride On!
a.k.a.
The Wakeboard Geezer

(Message edited by wakeboardgeezer on August 13, 2009)
Old     (pearsonville)      Join Date: Feb 2002       08-15-2009, 2:59 PM Reply   
Anyone going to Surf Expo? I am trying to arrange a quick trip... our 32nd wedding anniversary is Aug 20th... Think positive thoughts... aloha Joe
Old     (wakeboardgeezer)      Join Date: May 2009       08-19-2009, 4:25 PM Reply   
Ok Joe,... Here you Go!!!

Happy Anniversary
don't be riding cursory
even when your old you see
you can still ride,.... in the ole folks nursery!

Don't let the nurses tell you that you're way too old to ride for fun!

Happy Anniversary, Happy Anniversary, Happy Anniversary,...
Haaaaaaaapy Anniversary!

Don't let those nurses jam ya cause we know they not be knowing jack!

They say the needles got vitamins but we all know it's ProoooooZack!

Haaaaaaaapy Anniversary!

Don't worry bout the straight "jack-it", the cuffs or guards, we'll rescue you!

We'll bust you out with all our friends with even help from Guru2!

We'll slide on down to old lake Powell, the delta or some private lake

We'll bust some ollies, drink a few then all go haaaaard wake to wake!

Haaaaaaaapy Anniversary!

If things go bad, the cops show up, cause they don’t think our style is neat

I’ll call the Marines to help us out, that’s our old friend, Fred Overstreet!

Don’t sweat the bail if were in jail I’ll call Geri and SoCal Mob

They’ll bust us out and have us gone before they know who did the job!

Ooooooooooh!

Happy Anniversary,Happy Anniversary, Happy Anniversary,...
Haaaaaaaapy Anniversary!

Congrats Dude!
Old     (wakeboardgeezer)      Join Date: May 2009       08-19-2009, 5:27 PM Reply   
Randy, dudeman,

Are you anywhere near Beaufort, N.C.?

My daughter will probably be moving there soon. If so I'll be making some runs down in that area.

Where does a man get a good session in around Beaufort North Carolina?
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-19-2009, 7:48 PM Reply   
Dennie....that is AWESOME!!!! But what makes you think I will bail him out???? LOL Maybe I will if he and Suzi take me to their secret spot

Joe...I will be in Orlando on the 22nd for worlds. Let me know if you are still there and we can meet up for an aniversary drink!!!
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-20-2009, 2:42 AM Reply   
Dennie, Beaufort is only a fraction of an inch away on Google. Really though, I'm not that close to the coast, over 250 miles away, but if you're ever in the Winston-Salem area, hit me up and we'll hit the lake.
Old     (wakeboardgeezer)      Join Date: May 2009       08-20-2009, 10:01 AM Reply   
Thanks Geri glad you liked it.

Too much time on my hands and not getting in enough riding!!!
My posse has been laying low lately, just been me and little Momma out rollin on the weekends.

Good luck down in Orlando Little Sister,.. we all will be rooting for you!!!

Lets all get some positive Vibes going for Geri on her run in Orlando!!!

Hey Randy,

You got some wild Jams started when you posted this thread!! Way cool man,... thanks.

I appreciate the invite Randy!!!
Hmmmm, "fraction of an inch away",.. story of my life!!!

Pretty sure my daughter is headed that way. I'm ok with that, I love the N.C., S.C. areas, beautiful country you live in.

The "home boyee" of our city played a little basketball at N.C. for the tar heels,..
you might have heard of the dude; Tyler Hansboro? anyway,....

Lived in Charleston for about six years, used to do a little fishing there on a spot called Lake Moultry back in 1977 sumthin.
Visited it again for about a week in the early 90s aint been back since.

I have been looking to buy a new boat and have been looking at some down there in and around that area, new and used.

I'm tired of this "Dinky" wake I've been riding behind!

I really like the Malibu boats but price is king so I have also been looking at some used Tige's, Supra's as well.

What do all y'all think might be a great wakeboard boat for the Old Wakeboard Geezer?
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-20-2009, 10:09 AM Reply   
Tyler who?

j/k
White boy can play.

Been looking at Bu's myself. Wife said no way. Grab a Supra. You won't be disappointed. Been told by the boss, I have to hold onto mine for life. I can dig it. If you're ever in the area, again, hit me up.
Old     (wakeboardgeezer)      Join Date: May 2009       08-20-2009, 11:16 AM Reply   
He he,

Yup, that old "Poplar Bluff, by gosh ya best not smile Missouri", white BoyEEEE,
is kinda ruckus on the B-ball floor, even way before his High School days!

My Son Josh, coached him and his brothers a little in intramural sports when they were little boys.

We watched that "Little" fella all through High School and at the two state championships at Columbia, Missouri
he and his little brother Ben helped win for them and us!

Those were exciting days for little ole PB and his family, maybe a whole lot more to come,
I hope so for Tyler's sake, he really has worked "incredibly" hard to get where he is!!

Everybody here is proud of Tyler.

Those boys are the biggest thing ever to hit Poplar Bluff since,.. well,.. since this Geezer thread!!! He he,

PB is a very small town, eva body knows eva body, you know the drill.

Wonder if we could get him out to ride? Hmmmmmm

My son is facebook buds with him,.. I'll ask,..

Warm up the dang boat Randy!!!!

This may be some more High Quality H2o sports in the making!!!!!
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-20-2009, 7:37 PM Reply   
Thanks for the vibes everyone!!! I so want to podium. I missed 3rd at Nationals 52.44 to 52.22....sooooo close!!!! I am really ready. I did my run twice tonight and nailed both times. I was stoked!!! I will let y'all know how I do!
Old     (wakeboardgeezer)      Join Date: May 2009       08-20-2009, 7:46 PM Reply   
Bust it up Geri!!!

Upload
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-20-2009, 7:47 PM Reply   
OMG!!! I need one of those!!!! How do you do that????

(Message edited by rnopr8 on August 20, 2009)
Old     (wakeboardgeezer)      Join Date: May 2009       08-20-2009, 7:56 PM Reply   
Hey Geri,

It's just a "Gif" animation that I through together
Using "ImageReady" from Adobe PhotoShop 7.

The animated smiley faces that we use on here are the same thing.

Heck Geri, you ride "WAY" better than I do!
Old     (wakeboardgeezer)      Join Date: May 2009       08-20-2009, 8:19 PM Reply   
Here is the drill on how to do it Geri,

Bunch of different ways to do this, here is just one;

1. Get some pics of your riding, you can frame grab them from a camcorder or from a still camera.

2. Pull them into your computer, using firewire/usb etc and any program that will let you do it, like windows movie maker(its free).
I like to use Magix Edit Pro and Sony ScreenBlast.

3. After you get the pics captured to your system, cut down the resolution to about 320x240 and save each pic in gif format.
Longer Gif anims (those with more frames) will need to be smaller resolution to meet the max 150kb size upload restriction set by Wakeworld.
anyway,

4. String the pictures together using a program like Gif ulead or gif animator or ImageReady like I did.

5. When you get it looking the way you want upload it like any picture and it will run as an animation.

Thats pretty much it!!!
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-20-2009, 8:29 PM Reply   
Naw Dennie....riding well is all about having fun!! I have a perfect videw clip I can use from last year where I am cutting out heelside.

Here is a vid from Nationals Womens Masters division 30+. It has our names on the first part and I ride first on the second part, just after Allison. For the finals we had 40 mph winds and you can appreciate the spray the winds created in the rider just before the end of the vid. Enjoy!! The music is perfect too!!! Sorry, but you have to copy and paste into the address bar.

http://vimeo.com/5583242

Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-20-2009, 9:23 PM Reply   
thanks Dennie....my son takes advanced video making in high school...think I will have him do it

PS...if you watch the vid...double click it to full size

Old     (wakeboardgeezer)      Join Date: May 2009       08-20-2009, 10:08 PM Reply   
Geri,
Vid is smooth, I like the no banner ads feature of the video hosting site y'all are using.
All you gals are on a role looks like to me.
Old     (pearsonville)      Join Date: Feb 2002       08-21-2009, 7:14 AM Reply   
Dennie...... we made it to Orlando... staying on Lake Holden. Thank You for the great rockin' poem. Going to Expo today. Hope to catch a ride tomorrow am. We are staying at Charley Patterson's huge custom built home... aloha Joe
Old     (ftd)      Join Date: Apr 2004       08-21-2009, 11:15 AM Reply   
Joe,

I also live on Lake Holden. Looking out the back of CP's house I am 1/2 way down the lake on the right (3500 MacArthur Dr.). If you are zipping around stop by.

Frank
Old     (wakeboardgeezer)      Join Date: May 2009       08-21-2009, 1:10 PM Reply   
Geri,.. lets see,.. Hmmmmm,

"OMG!!! I need one of those!!!! How do you do that????")

After close consultation with "The League of Intergalactic Aquatic Ninja's"

We have decided to use our collective Super Powers to grant you your wish, as you are most worthy!!!

Get ready,.....

Here we go,...

Upload

}
Old     (wakeboardgeezer)      Join Date: May 2009       08-21-2009, 1:13 PM Reply   
Geri on the count of 3,..

1,... 2,...3,...

ShawBlingAling,. and SnackleFrazilRitz!!!!

Upload
Old     (wakeboardgeezer)      Join Date: May 2009       08-21-2009, 1:17 PM Reply   
Ok Geri,..

We aint done yet,...

1,..... 2,..... 3,....

ShreddyBoomBooNanar!!!!

Upload

Just right click on either graphic for the
option to save it to your computer.

Hope you enjoy it Little sister!!!

Ride On!!!

a.k.a. The Wakeboard Geezer
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-21-2009, 9:37 PM Reply   
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you sooooooooo much!!! Now I WILL have to podium at Worlds!!!!!!!!!!

Dennie....you ARE my geezer superhero!!!

(Message edited by rnopr8 on August 21, 2009)

(Message edited by rnopr8 on August 21, 2009)
Old     (gurubrdz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       08-22-2009, 6:32 AM Reply   
Dennie your crackin me up!...Haven't checked this post in awhile, man the beat goes on!..Gotta get me one of those toon sequences whatta ya need?
Old     (wakeboardgeezer)      Join Date: May 2009       08-22-2009, 6:36 PM Reply   
Sup Guru2,

You da man Baby!!!

"Gotta get me one of those toon sequences whatta ya need?"

ShawBangAlangAWangAGang!!!

Behold!!!,... A True Intergalactic Aquatic Ninja, is in the HOUSE!!!

Upload

"Man I got get me one of those!!!"

I dig the After-Burner!!!

enjoy my friend!!!

a.k.a.
The Wakeboard Geezer
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-22-2009, 6:57 PM Reply   
Alright. Everyone here has proven that they're Superman or Superwoman, but everyone has their Cryptonite. So what is it? Mine is Hostess Sweet Sixteen Powdered Mini Donuts and if you grew up in Upstate NY, that would be Johnny's Texas Hots, aka Sliders. Any questions.
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-22-2009, 7:01 PM Reply   
Dennie...you are too much!!! Made it to orlando for Worlds today...going to ride my brains out this week!!

Randy...I am low carb, high protein all the way..protein is my cryptonite!!!