Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2006

Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-12-2006, 4:41 PM Reply   
So I have a few inverts down now I want to work on some spins.I have no problem rotating around in fact I ride away every time, but without the handle.I also use the pass to spin technique. What can I do to get that handle into my hip. Im told the handle is way out side my body when Im trying to pass.I know what I got to do but not quite there yet.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-12-2006, 5:11 PM Reply   
pull the handle to your hip w/ BOTH hands.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-12-2006, 5:18 PM Reply   
Start with it close.
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       07-12-2006, 5:37 PM Reply   
just like joe said. pull the handle hard to your hip with both hands! pop..pull..pass
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-12-2006, 6:14 PM Reply   
Keeping both hands on the handle while pulling it in will make you wait for the pop... it's a good thing!
Old     (driving)      Join Date: Jan 2003       07-12-2006, 7:18 PM Reply   
We have been teaching people surface spins going slow(12-14) right behind the boat, and then once they are comfortable doing that sliding one over the wake going slow as well. Today, we had a guy do that for 10 or 15 minutes and then he made the first one he tried wake to wake.

It can also help if you have access to a Roam.
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-12-2006, 7:49 PM Reply   
I can do surface 360's no problem now its doing them wake to wake I have to get. Thanks all of you for your help. Im going to try to knock a couple down this weekend.Thanks again...
Old     (sturdyboardz)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-12-2006, 8:23 PM Reply   
try this. as you make your cut into the wake, keep your arms extended out about 3/4 of the way. Just before you are ready to pop, make a hard pull to your hip. pop, turn your head, feel for the rope. It will be there. Spot the landing. Good luck.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-12-2006, 8:23 PM Reply   
I used to just pull hard with both hands. Now I edge in nice and easy with the handle nearly against my waste like Heavy is saying so I have to tug on the handle not so hard. Then, as long as you focus on getting a good pop, the handle pass is close and easy. The harder you yank the handle in the air, the more likely you are to screw up your axis and land on your face. Like Bird said, "keep the handle in super close and rotate it around your body as if it were attached to your waste on a track." This should help you spin nice a flat. Try approaching the wake with your elbows in close to your body.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-12-2006, 9:08 PM Reply   

quote:

The harder you yank the handle in the air, the more likely you are to screw up your axis and land on your face.

true that.
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       07-12-2006, 10:00 PM Reply   
you can always land it wrapped and then just pass it right after you land..considering you are spinning frontside!
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-13-2006, 10:10 AM Reply   
Props to all you all.Ive been doing them backside, for me it seems more natural.I think Im going to get a couple this weekend.Everything makes sense and I pretty much know what to do it just helps when good riders explain it out. THANKS.....................
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-13-2006, 10:17 AM Reply   
Good luck Duff, I have been more consistant w/ my 360's since I last rode with you. One of the biggest mistakes I was making was that I was spinning too early. When that was happening, I was pulling the handle too hard.